How to power/interlock Circupool Universal40 from IntelliFlo VSF?

AtlasAirborne

Jul 7, 2021
California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I picked up a Circupool SWG, without realising that the built-in flow switch was insufficient to safely control the SWG.

What's the typical approach here for someone who doesn't have an automation controller?

Is it possible to tap a signal off the pump? Is a timer sufficient? Any recommended (accurate/reliable) timers?

Take a look at how this member handled it.

Thanks mknauss.

Before I go that route though, I'm seeing some suggestion that some SWGs may have error-state detection if the unit is activated with no flow (ie a second interlock).

Additionally, the Circupool installation manual advises constant power (with SWG control driven purely by the flow switch) when installed with VSF pumps. Presumably this would not be recommended if a flow switch failure were sufficient to destroy the unit?

I might have to send them an email to check...

Per Circupool, a second interlock is provided by the salinity detection - salinity will fall below the lower bound and halt generation before a dangerous condition occurs, should the flow switch fail closed under zero-flow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.