How often do you adjust your SWG?

tomfrh

Jan 30, 2018
Australia
Following my first SLAM I’ve finally dialled in my SWG correctly so that it maintains my target FC of 6.

Ive noted the settings so I can set it quickly the same time next year. I’m going to do similar as the seasons change so I get a table of correct settings for different times of the year.

im curious how often I’ll need to adjust it.

how often do you guys adjust your SWG run time to keep FC level?

Good to hear your SWG is performing well for you :)

I reviewed my notes and I'm at an average of about once every two weeks. Some stretches were around 4-6 weeks, and others were weekly. Depends on the season as you mention, but also number of swimmers, how sunny it is, and number of storms. I make the decision based on test results, and if I'm in my range of 5 to 11 ppm FC (CYA at 80 ppm), I leave it where it is, unless there's a big increase or decrease from the prior test.

Tom,

Well... I sure don't keep notes of when I adjust my SWCG, but I'd say that Needsajet's timetable is about the same as mine...

It is impossible for me to maintain a target number... so for me it is more of a target range... I never, ever want to go below my minimum and I don't' care if I run a little hot, but will reduce the output if the FC starts to get above 9 ppm ...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Ill be interested to see how it changes as the seasons and usage changes.

One one thing I’ve noticed is the throttle gives non linear output - it ramps up quickly as you increase the dial - and so it’s easier to dial in by adjusting run time.

Good to hear your SWG is performing well for you :)

I reviewed my notes and I'm at an average of about once every two weeks. Some stretches were around 4-6 weeks, and others were weekly. Depends on the season as you mention, but also number of swimmers, how sunny it is, and number of storms. I make the decision based on test results, and if I'm in my range of 5 to 11 ppm FC (CYA at 80 ppm), I leave it where it is, unless there's a big increase or decrease from the prior test.

This is what I also do too. Hummmm:cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.