How long after power goes out before draining equipment?

I would say minutes. Pump may be bit longer as the system is warm when running. But opening the filter release valve to drain the system would be good. I do not see a heater in your signature. I would not wait long for that. No idea on a chiller.

I say once you lose power get on with shutting things down and draining. You don’t know how long your power will be out for or how cold it will get. And you would rather be doing it in daylight if you have a choice.

Reactions: Newdude
And having to do it all, possibly, in the middle of the night in a snowstorm at 0 degrees (us tonight). I decided
to drain the pad yesterday when I could see everything and do it carefully. I wasn't going to gamble on the power staying on through this. I'm not young and am not interested playing catch up in freezing cold weather! Hoping it was the right choice. No ice on pool surface yet but it's coming.

Reactions: wireform and Leebo
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.