How do i know if i'm generating Chlorine?

Yes.

If, and big if, your CYA is 60, you can do the SLAM, just have lots of FAS-DPD reagents on hand.

Yes.

If, and big if, your CYA is 60, you can do the SLAM, just have lots of FAS-DPD reagents on hand.
finally got the test kit and will be starting the SLAM process today. I added 2 bags of salt per the SWG vendors recommendation. It was at 3100, they recommend 3500, it's actually at 3600 now. Water level was a little on the low side so yesterday i added some. Hopefully that will bring the CYA down a little. Either way i have to get this started. I am going to create a baseline test with the new kit today. had to lower the PH it was around 7.8. should be down to 7.3 when i test again.

My question is this...how long do you need to wait to retest PH and Chlorine after adding chemicals?

Your SLAM level FC is 20 ppm. You should be adding a bit over 1.5 gallons of 10% to add 10 ppm FC to the pool.

Your SLAM level FC is 20 ppm. You should be adding a bit over 1.5 gallons of 10% to add 10 ppm FC to the pool.
Great. That’s what I did. I’ll check again tonight and then in the morning again

I should keep the pump running overnight and all during this process right? Right now my AutoPilot is on boost until tomorrow, should I keep that on boost during the slam process?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok so here is the end of day update. Took water sample after sun went down. FC was now 12.5. Added 1gal + 1 cup. Pump is running overnight and SWG is off. Will check FC in the morning Again when the sun comes up to see what the overnight loss is.

I think you have it wrong. Did you test and then add chlorine or the other way around? Did you wait at least 30 min to mix before testing?
Morning did initial test FC was 1.5. added what was needed to get to 20ppm.

afternoon tested again FC was 10. added what was needed to get to 20.

tonight tested again, FC was 12.5. added what was needed to get to 20.

What am I doing wrong? Please keep in mind I’m new at this so if u could be specific it would be helpful

Morning did initial test FC was 1.5. added what was needed to get to 20ppm.

afternoon tested again FC was 10. added what was needed to get to 20.

tonight tested again, FC was 12.5. added what was needed to get to 20.

What am I doing wrong? Please keep in mind I’m new at this so if u could be specific it would be helpful
Nothing wrong, it's all good. Test in the morning and hopefully it'll start retaining more of the slam level bringing you to the ultimate OCLT at some point. Keep at it and maintain a slam level a few times a day along with a good thorough brushing at least once a day. Make sure filter psi doesn't rise more then 25% of clean filter pressure otherwise you will need to open the filter and hose off the cartridges. Don't check the CC at this point until the chlorine holds.

Reactions: Flying Tivo

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.