The Woodlands, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I have this on my pool in California and have seen it on a few other pools. What's the rationale behind installing one? I've never used it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 82
I use mine for draining off a couple of inches of water as needed while the pump is running and for filling up the sample bottle for testing when it's too cold to submerge my arm up to the elbow. I'm not a pool builder, but I believe the PVC fitting was used as part of the pressure testing.

• Love
Reactions: PoolGate
Yeah, I"m guessing your filter had a plunger valve and not a multiport valve (MPV) right? So more & more we see filters with plunger valves and cartridge filters have a spigot installed somewhere between the filter and pump. As Rancho stated,, it can serve several purposes. Another is simply to pull water to waste. Not quite as quickly and efficiently as a MPV, but it's better than nothing. Some also use it with a garden hose for cleaning in that area. It's convenient and good to have.

If your pump loses prime and you have trouble priming it, you can use a female-to-female hose adapter and force water into that spigot. That's how my PB primed my pump for the first time after re-plastering.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.