Hole in Coleman pool window

So I have a hole in my window of my Coleman pool and stressing
Many other people have the same problem, especially the brown whicker looking pool , but most I have seen or read have the leak at the seam of the window, is that where the leak is? Coleman is very aware of the problem and depending on how old it is, I would definitely contact them to see if they can work something out , very common problem .

I purchased this pool late summer last year & all was GREAT! Today water truck came & filled (paid $300), a couple of hours later saw one of the porthole windows leaking, put plumbers putty in underwater, held for awhile, now noticed leaking again. Has anyone had success in getting help from manufacturer?? Thx

You are probably going to be better off patching the hole in the window with a vinyl liner patch. The seam between the clear window and the rest of the liner is failing. You could try draining the pool below the leak and supergluing the seam back together, but there is no guaranty that will work. Applying strips of pool liner patch all the way around the window on the inside of the pool won't look as nice, but it should stop the leak.

We bought a Coleman pool with Windows last year. This year one window sprung a big leak at the seam. We read what others said on here by clicking search button type in Coleman Pool Windows Leaking. Anyway we did what one said they did and worked for a day or two. They used PL Marine Locktite with Flex Tape AS SEEN ON TV. Which is garbage. The Flex tape came undone. The pool was drained passed the Windows because of the big leak. We tried an old pool liner we saved which was a big square around the window leaking and used cocking glue to glue it on. So far good to go. Then 2 more windows started leaking after filling the pool up 2x. We are going to a plumber place to get show curtain materials to cover the rest of the Windows..to try to get us through the summer then will never buy a Coleman pool period. Last pool we bought without Windows nut grass grew up in the pool.

Attachments

• 20180617_132030.jpg
    20180617_132030.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 20180617_075457.jpg
    20180617_075457.jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20180406_105757.jpg
    20180406_105757.jpg
    521.3 KB · Views: 32
We bought a Coleman pool with Windows last year. This year one window sprung a big leak at the seam. We read what others said on here by clicking search button type in Coleman Pool Windows Leaking. Anyway we did what one said they did and worked for a day or two. They used PL Marine Locktite with Flex Tape AS SEEN ON TV. Which is garbage. The Flex tape came undone. The pool was drained passed the Windows because of the big leak. We tried an old pool liner we saved which was a big square around the window leaking and used cocking glue to glue it on. So far good to go. Then 2 more windows started leaking after filling the pool up 2x. We are going to a plumber place to get show curtain materials to cover the rest of the Windows..to try to get us through the summer then will never buy a Coleman pool period. Last pool we bought without Windows nut grass grew up in the pool.
Are you buying shower pan liner? Let us know if that works for you as a patch. As far as the nut grass problem goes, you have to treat the ground with nut grass killer before putting up the pool. Nut grass will grow through any type of liner.
As long as the metal frame is in good shape you may want to consider lining your pool with a traditional overlap liner. The original liner acts as the walls, and the new liner fits inside of it. You can see details in this thread: Installing replacement liner inside of Intex 18' metal frame

I purchased this pool late summer last year & all was GREAT! Today water truck came & filled (paid $300), a couple of hours later saw one of the porthole windows leaking, put plumbers putty in underwater, held for awhile, now noticed leaking again. Has anyone had success in getting help from manufacturer?? Thx
I’m having the same problem, have patched twice with marine sealants only to leak again. I haven’t had any luck getting ahold of the manufacturer & there was only a 90 day warranty on the pool. I bought mine last summer & had no problems until now. Very frustrating! Let us know if you have any success.

Hopefully, with enough complaints, Coleman will realize they are manufacturing inexpensive above ground pools and not submarines or cruise ships. I mean even expensive above ground pool brands don't have windows in them. Probably because of experience and why have another point of failure in a device designed to hold water?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.