Hockey Season is upon us

Michigan transplant to Western, NY. So, I have an Eastern conf and Western conf team to root for.So 'our announcers' were the Sabres announcers.

The issue on the mini cup glasses was a classless act. I apologize, but I know 'they' can get that way. I way my Redwings jersey to the games here when the Wings play here and you can hear the comments "There's another one that wants to get beat up". Over a sports team?

Let's get off this.

Who's getting traded over the next 4 days? Will Detroit look for a goalie?

19redwings said:
Michigan transplant to Western, NY. So, I have an Eastern conf and Western conf team to root for.So 'our announcers' were the Sabres announcers.

The issue on the mini cup glasses was a classless act. I apologize, but I know 'they' can get that way. I way my Redwings jersey to the games here when the Wings play here and you can hear the comments "There's another one that wants to get beat up". Over a sports team?

Let's get off this.

Who's getting traded over the next 4 days? Will Detroit look for a goalie?

Bowmeister will go during the last hour of the deadline (he's this years Hossa), but I can't fathom why Florida doesn't resign him, or why they didn't previously. They are in the playoff hunt and could win the first round, but are willing to trade Bowmeister for.....who?

Talk on XM is that Pronger is on the market. Cole is on the market and Boston is considering, but would want Kessler and a pick. Idiotic.

If Detroit needs a goalie, then I hear Gerber is being shopped. I don't know of any other goalie who is being talked about.

I know this, trade day is definitely wild and things happen that will make you scratch your head.

Boston has two goalies and may need to ship one. They wouldn't want one to go to an Eastern conf team, but may not want to send to a team they could face in the finals.

I would laugh if Pronger's wife ended up back in Canada (Montreaul?)

19redwings said:
Boston has two goalies and may need to ship one. They wouldn't want one to go to an Eastern conf team, but may not want to send to a team they could face in the finals.

I would laugh if Pronger's wife ended up back in Canada (Montreaul?)

HA! Pronger will only go where he wants to go. They will not trade him without his prior approval. I don't think he has a no trade clause, but he's earned as much. (Even tho I think he's pond scum).

Interesting day in hockey land yesterday. Pittsburgh made some changes, adding Guerin, good center-man. However, the guys on XM Hockey Talk kept saying that Geurin would play center on Crosby's line. Isn't Crosby a natural center??? Why do GMs and coaches always want to changes players out of their natural position? Does it ever work out? I think not.

Kitties decide to keep Bowmeister. Wow. Good for the team and fan, but not a good decision for the franchise.

If Calgary doesn't go to the finals, all is lost. That is unless Jokinen stays. Does he have more years on his contract or is he a UFA?

Good luck down the stretch, boys!

We got my guy Cole back. Here's hoping he can open up the ice for Staal, the real $5Mil man.
large.jpg

Well, so much for my Predators for this year. Stupid Mild and Bluesers! :grrrr: The boys gave it a good go, just ran out of gas in this last game. Only upside to the evening was that Anaheim won in the shootout to clinch 8th and keep the Mild from sneaking in the back door.

I'm officially a fan of the eastern conference now for the playoffs. Go Caps!!!! :goodjob:

MikeInTN said:
Well, so much for my Predators for this year. Stupid Mild and Bluesers! :grrrr: The boys gave it a good go, just ran out of gas in this last game. Only upside to the evening was that Anaheim won in the shootout to clinch 8th and keep the Mild from sneaking in the back door.

I'm officially a fan of the eastern conference now for the playoffs. Go Caps!!!! :goodjob:
:eek: :shock: :eek: :shock:

Go Pens!!!

Marillion Fan said:
MikeInTN said:

Go Pens!!!

Nah...Ovie >> Sid. Of course, I can be bribed to pull for another team... :wink: Just as long as the EC beats whatever bunch of wanks that come out of the WC this year, I'll be happy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
MikeInTN said:
Marillion Fan said:
MikeInTN said:

Go Pens!!!

Nah...Ovie >> Sid. Of course, I can be bribed to pull for another team... :wink: Just as long as the EC beats whatever bunch of wanks that come out of the WC this year, I'll be happy.

I can accept that..... but Malikn >>>>>>> Ovenchicken.... At least this season. :wink:

Even though Columbus has scored 8 (twice) on the Wings this year, I am glad they leapfrogged Anaheim. The time zone differences and the fact that Anaheim would rather hit someone than win a game sets up for a better second round.... thinking ahead... I know I shouldn't.... thank GOD Edmonton didn't make it in!

Go wings!

Go Pens!!![/quote]

Nah...Ovie >> Sid. Of course, I can be bribed to pull for another team... :wink: Just as long as the EC beats whatever bunch of wanks that come out of the WC this year, I'll be happy.[/quote]

I can accept that..... but Malikn >>>>>>> Ovenchicken.... At least this season. :wink:[/quote]

Only if you're looking at it through flightless water bird tinted glasses. :wink: For your sake, I hope Eugene shows up for the playoffs this year.

Dang...not even a hint of a bribe to pull for the Pens....C'mon! Step up and get yourself a rent-a-fan! :goodjob:

MikeInTN said:

Go Pens!!!

Nah...Ovie >> Sid. Of course, I can be bribed to pull for another team... :wink: Just as long as the EC beats whatever bunch of wanks that come out of the WC this year, I'll be happy.[/quote]

I can accept that..... but Malikn >>>>>>> Ovenchicken.... At least this season. :wink:[/quote]

Only if you're looking at it through flightless water bird tinted glasses. :wink: For your sake, I hope Eugene shows up for the playoffs this year.

Dang...not even a hint of a bribe to pull for the Pens....C'mon! Step up and get yourself a rent-a-fan! :goodjob:[/quote]
We are gonna take filthy outta the playoffs......... does that rent your allegiance?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.