Hockey Season is upon us

-Greg- said:
Can anyone say "hockeytown"!

2 shutouts for ozzy, a smothering defense, and everyone is working hard, go wings!!

Greg

I really thought Pitts would be doing better than this. I do believe the youngin's are a bit over their head. Theirion is messing with the lines a bit too much, but he has to do something. Penguins only hope is if Ozzie misses the flight and Hasek has to go in.

However, Pitts does get the advantage with line combinations now that they are home. Let's see if they can take advantage of it.

CaryB

Again, reminds me of the 95 Wings. Once you lose, you don't have a clue on how to get it back. Good Burnside article on ESPN comparing the Pens to the 83 Oilers.

You gotta fall, hard, before you can rise to the top. I would like to see Detroit sign Malone UFA and let Chelli retire on top.

I was at last nights game, sat next to a Penguin office employee, he was at Saturday's game also. He made comments on how his team has not seen a team like the Wings, so much depth, each line plays so well together.
The inexperienced young boys are being taught a lesson. I kind of hope the Penn's can win one at home so we can celebrate the cup at home!

krcossin said:
I was at last nights game, sat next to a Penguin office employee, he was at Saturday's game also. He made comments on how his team has not seen a team like the Wings, so much depth, each line plays so well together.
The inexperienced young boys are being taught a lesson. I kind of hope the Penn's can win one at home so we can celebrate the cup at home!

You lucky B@stage!!

Loving all the announcers that picked Pens to win because, "with all that skill, you don't need experience"!

I agree, winning on home ice is better.

I agree, even with the reported 157 increase in TV audience, hockey needed a game like that to keep casual fans watching. As much as I love the shutouts for my team, I can understand why some people would tune out.

Still, Wings in 5!!

19redwings said:
I agree, even with the reported 157 increase in TV audience, hockey needed a game like that to keep casual fans watching. As much as I love the shutouts for my team, I can understand why some people would tune out.

Still, Wings in 5!!
Yea, I concede, watching the wings throughout the season they are the better team, even after last nights game.
I still want the Pens to go 4 in a row and steal it, but I don't think they will be able to keep up the pace set last night.
At least we won't have to see the cup hoisted on Pittsburgh ice. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Marillion Fan said:
Yea, I concede, watching the wings throughout the season they are the better team, even after last nights game.
I still want the Pens to go 4 in a row and steal it, but I don't think they will be able to keep up the pace set last night.
At least we won't have to see the cup hoisted on Pittsburgh ice. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yea, Wings are the better team. I watched them alot this year too on Center Ice package. My old team the Blackhawks sure knoew how to beat them, though. Maybe the Pens should watch those games? Last nights game was a bit misleading. The score was just 2-1, but the Wings DOMINATED in every aspect of the game. I'm a bit sick to death of the NBC intermission reports......they absolutely SUCK! I don't remember it being this bad the past few years. Did enjoy seeing our own HOF'er Ronnie Francis on last night, though.

I see a strong comparison between the Pens/Wings matchup this year and the 2002 SCF matchup between my Canes/Wings. We were a young team, too. A few years away from winning it all. I'm thinking the Pens have a few years of experience to go (eg Malkin's complete failure to be part of a physical games...he's skating scared). Here's hoping they can keep the team together....will Hossa even stay? Can Malkin be signed after his contract is up? What will Sidney demand when he becomes a RFA? It will be interesting to see.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ivyleager said:
Marillion Fan said:

Yea, Wings are the better team. I watched them alot this year too on Center Ice package. My old team the Blackhawks sure knoew how to beat them, though. Maybe the Pens should watch those games? Last nights game was a bit misleading. The score was just 2-1, but the Wings DOMINATED in every aspect of the game. I'm a bit sick to death of the NBC intermission reports......they absolutely SUCK! I don't remember it being this bad the past few years. Did enjoy seeing our own HOF'er Ronnie Francis on last night, though.

I see a strong comparison between the Pens/Wings matchup this year and the 2002 SCF matchup between my Canes/Wings. We were a young team, too. A few years away from winning it all. I'm thinking the Pens have a few years of experience to go (eg Malkin's complete failure to be part of a physical games...he's skating scared). Here's hoping they can keep the team together....will Hossa even stay? Can Malkin be signed after his contract is up? What will Sidney demand when he becomes a RFA? It will be interesting to see.

Regarding your comment about Pens able to keep the team together, I posted this earlier:

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=PIT

Doubtful...

By the way, Babcock has to be the best coach since Bowman was coaching the Wings. Read that instead of glossing over film on the extended delay, that the league insisted they stay in Pitts for???, he took them to a resort. Massages, meals, Golf!?!?! Great way to handle the team! Then the way he handled the 5 on 3 and subsequent lines fo rthe 3rd period! Hockey god!!

Dang...

Game 3 was the best game of the series...time to look forward to the fall :)

Nice job Wings, at least we know we lost to the best team in the league...I'll be back next season (of course I'm watching the rest of the games....but...I don't expect there to be more than one more)

Good Hockey Season!

Attachments

• Texas Pepper Cooker.jpg
    Texas Pepper Cooker.jpg
    470.4 KB · Views: 2
ivyleager said:
Marillion Fan said:

Hossa is gone....... he was brought in to win the cup, trading Malkin might just be the best thing for him, When Sid went out he stepped up big time, but has disappeared since his return.

Out of the 4 Crosby, Malkin, Staal & Fleury, Malkin would be my choice to trade, just send him to the west.... him as the star on an eastern team would be a killer to the Pens.

Roberts is probably done, Orpik may say bye-bye, next years team may look a lot different than this years.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.