High 90's and pump is all of a sudden throwing error (Pentair SVRS)

ladylonghorn

Jan 14, 2016
Frisco, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Noticed today the cleaner never came on an the pool isn't circulating.

The Pentair app says System Blocked Alarm. On the pump itself, it says clear drain before restarting. Does that mean jumping in with google to see what's going on with the drain?

This is the 3rd major item to stop working this week alone so really need some help before my pool turns green from not circulating in the high temps.

I was able to turn on my waterfall, so that pump is working.

It's probably the SVRS throwing the alarm due to a partial blockage somewhere which is enough to make the SVRS think there's a little kid in the drain. Even a blockage on the output side could apparently cause this.

There was a thread about this a while back. Maybe it will help.

The Pentair SVRS is a problematic pump. @Jimrahbe knows the ins and outs. I suspect you need to clear the alarm for it to restart.

LLH,

I like to say that my IntelliFlo SVRS pump will go into the entrapment mode and shut off if my next-door neighbor just passes a little gas... :mrgreen:

Not quite that bad, but close.. Any surge on the suction side will cause the pump to shut off and it can't be adjusted.

For me this means I can't quickly shut off my filter air relief, I can't turn on my waterfall if the water is a little low. If someone does a cannon ball right in front of the skimmer, it will sometimes shut off the pump.

You need to reset the fault on the pump's control panel.

It does not mean that something is actually blocked.. It could be, but if you don't see anything obvious I would just restart the pump and move on.

The IntelliFlo is the gold standard of pool pumps, just not the one with the SVRS option. My pool builder said it was required.. He just lied.. it is not required at all required or in my case, even wanted..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Well, the good news is after posting and really doing nothing special (I did typically Friday maintenance of cleaning the baskets, checking the impeller), I walked outside to find it running - the pool and the cleaner. The water was a tad low so I had turned on the water to fill it, but I've had it lower and never gotten that error. So fingers crossed this doesnt become a regular thing. Ironically, we did have a power blip the other day. My kids were night swimming and it flipped off the pool lights. I just turned them on so maybe that is the connection.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.