Pentair Pump - Blocked System Alarm

Jay15

Dec 28, 2014
Rockwall, TX
Hey there -

I need some help. Tried to turn on my pool pump this evening to find that the breaker was tripped. So I reset it, turned it on, and it tried to engage but just wouldn't...shut off after about 10 seconds. It tried to come on a few more times, but it's not going to work.

My app shows a "blocked system alarm."

I did a self-test and it failed - Code 4.

My pool company cleaned my pool yesterday, and when I checked the skimmer baskets, one of them was loose in the housing (floating), so I suspect something got down there and is blocking something somewhere.

Now what? Ugh...Friday night of Memorial Day weekend.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this problem!

Jay,

I have one of those useless SVRS pumps and often have problem with false alarms..

In my case if the water is low at all it will cause a surge that gets it to go into repeated false alarms..

I suspect it will alarm if you have a vacuum cleaner hooked up..

It will also alarm if the output of the pump is blocked in anyway.. so make sure your pool guys did not do something to your valves or the filter.

The problem, of course, is that Pentair makes great pumps, so I'll have to put up with this for the next 10 or 15 years... :mad:

Thanks,

Jim R.

I'm sure something has gotten into the pipes through the skimmer because the basket was dislodged. We haven't had a single issue with the pump or anything in the four years since we built the pool.

How do I "clear the drain"??

Thanks~

So I opened the filter basket on the pump, and it gurgled a bit , the water was clean (no debris) and was about half full. Put the cover back on, let the air out of the filter, and the pump finally came on.

But...now there is water pouring out of the UltraUV system!

So, one step forward and two back. At least the pump is working. Will have to get service next week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.