Help with SLAM

Found an old post from Mark. No reason to touch the globrites, apparently algae can't get behind them.

I asked @mknauss to come and comment.

I don't know or understand these lights, but they are removable. Don't know if it is possible for algae to be in/behind these.

From the manual:
1. Switch off electrical switch or circuit breaker at the source,
2. Remove Junction Box or Transformer cover. Disconnect the light wires and attach a fish tape to the existing light power cord. This will assist in pulling the replacement light power cord through the conduit back to the junction box.
3. Remove the GloBrite color light assembly from the pool or spa water: Using the provided installation tool (P/N 620057), rotate the light assembly counter-clockwise about a 1/8th turn to release the light from the niche as shown on page 11).
4. Slowly pull the light and attached power cord (with attached fish tape) out of the niche. Pull the light’s power cord and fish tape out of the niche and place the light on the deck.
5. Attach the new light power cord to the fish tape and carefully feed the fish tape and cable to the junction box.
6. Install the light into the niche: Place the light installation tool over the front of the light. Turn the tool and light clockwise while pushing inward, until you feel the stop point. This indicates the light is properly seated, locked and the electrical conduit, is completely sealed (see page 11). Note: If the light does not turn smoothly, pull the light slightly out and be sure that it’s seated properly and the niche is free of debris, then install the light as described in step 5.
7. Connect the two (2) conductors to the corresponding circuit wires in the Junction Box (black wire to power, white wire to common) and secure the Junction Box cover in place.
8. Final check for proper GloBrite Color light operation: Switch on the main switch or circuit breaker to the 12 VAC transformer and the switch that operates the light itself. The light should illuminate when 12 VAC power is applied. If not recheck the installation steps.

Page 12

Tool mentioned in instructions comes with the o-ring:
Nope. Way beyond my comfort level! :-!

Found an old post from Mark. No reason to touch the globrites, apparently algae can't get behind them.

Thank goodness!

Reactions: Mdragger88
Since I’m leaving town Friday, I’ve decided to transition to my SWG. I want to make sure it is functioning and chlorinating properly so I don’t have an issue when I return. I’ve got it running at 30% and have not added any chlorine since Monday am.

How long will u be gone? I generally raise to slam level for insurance when going on vacation anyway incase of power failure or something.

Reactions: kimkats
How long will u be gone? I generally raise to slam level for insurance when going on vacation anyway incase of power failure or something.
I will be gone a week. My neighbor will be checking the pool routinely for me. And I will probably slam before I go. I just wanted to get my SWG on before I left since he won’t be checking multiple times a day like I have been. I just want to know it’s working before I leave.

I will be gone a week.
Based on the length of this thread, I think a week away will do you good. Come back with a fresh mind and reenergized for summer. :swim: We'll be here when you get back if you need more help. Enjoy.

I really appreciate you guys and I am looking forward to stepping away for a week! 24 hours of cover on, SWG running at 30%, and no LC since yesterday AM. Yesterday evening I had 7 FC and tonight I have 8, so SWG is working. I know my CYA is low and I’ve left it low because of the slam. I think I’m going to leave it low so I can slam some more when I get back. Think I should stay at 30%? Chart says I could lower.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Test fc (8 now?), turn SWCG down to the next notch or whatever you think based on pool usage, cover it at leave it alone for 24 hours. If it will hold 8, I would turn back up a notch or to current setting when you leave. If it goes to 8.5, then that is probably the setting. Just want to protect from the downside. I'd rather see you come back to 10 than a swamp.

Test fc (8 now?), turn SWCG down to the next notch or whatever you think based on pool usage, cover it at leave it alone for 24 hours. If it will hold 8, I would turn back up a notch or to current setting when you leave. If it goes to 8.5, then that is probably the setting. Just want to protect from the downside. I'd rather see you come back to 10 than a swamp.

Ok. That makes sense. I am adding a bit of water but not much. One last question…I think. I had the ever so slightest pink. I was using 10ml so I can only measure that as .5 CC. Do I throw a shock level LC in there? It was hardly pink but I feel like if I have an opportunity I should take it. But then it messes with the above.

Ok. That makes sense. I am adding a bit of water but not much. One last question…I think. I had the ever so slightest pink. I was using 10ml so I can only measure that as .5 CC. Do I throw a shock level LC in there? It was hardly pink but I feel like if I have an opportunity I should take it. But then it messes with the above.
If you mean, after testing FC and you add the 5 drops of R-0003 and it turns slightly pink, and disappears when you add one drop of R-0871 and the pink disappears? If so, ignore it, CC < .5 you are fine.

If you mean, after testing FC and you add the 5 drops of R-0003 and it turns slightly pink, and disappears when you add one drop of R-0871 and the pink disappears? If so, ignore it, CC < .5 you are fine.
Ok. I alway 1 drop slightly pink, any pink bad. Good to know. So really, it if it takes MORE than 1 drop.

U may wanna clean your beaker- alcohol works really well (don’t forget to rinse).

Also, leaving the cover on traps cc’s instead of allowing them to be burned off by the sun ☀️
Letting it “breathe” will likely clear any cc’s up.

Well. Back from vacation last week. Neighbor did great job for me. When I got home and tested, my number was quite a bit higher though. Anyway, walking away was great. I have passed OCLT, have been holding chlorine, and no CC. I turned my SWG off for a day to let FC come down because it was high as I mentioned. Also been working on reducing alkalinity, increasing CYA. All the fun stuff. Anyway, I think I am done with this thread! Thank you!!

Attachments

• EAFBFA4F-285D-4519-91BC-0084C277DD31.jpeg
    EAFBFA4F-285D-4519-91BC-0084C277DD31.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 5
  • EEC745F6-CD63-4414-80C6-430C7704DD0B.jpeg
    EEC745F6-CD63-4414-80C6-430C7704DD0B.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 5
Great job. And yes, that is the point of running a liiiiitle bit hot when you are away. You want to come home to blue, not green. Glad it worked out for you. I'm sure you are the master of your pool! Congratulations graduate!

Congratulations Graduation GIF
Celebrate High School GIF by Fort Worth Country Day

Reactions: Mdragger88
Just look at that pretty, clear water!!! SWEET!

Yeah you are done with this thread! NOW find some different threads and see if you can help on them! I can still remember the first time I saw a post I could answer!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.