Help with fixing cracks in skimmer

The only permanent fix is a new skimmer.
For a band aid, sand the area thoroughly, then sand it some more, then patch with epoxy. You can use a thick liquid epoxy such as JB weld or plastic weld, or a putty. Marine grade is ok, but I can't really say it is better. I have tried many, and they all seem to do equally well. You can drill a small hole at each end of the crack, they say it relieves the strain on the crack, but I have seen no real difference. All are going to leak again as whatever shifting or settling that originally caused the crack continues.
I have seen patches done with fiberglass, but as I was there to fix them again, I can't say that it does any better. Although it does make it much more challenging to repair again. I have seen a couple with cracks in the bottom where they poured a new bottom with fiberglass resin. Not sure if that holds up better either, it's just alot of epoxy, but I have not had to work on one repaired that way.
The most important part of any epoxy repair is surface preparation. Slack on that and you'll be doing it again really soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.