Kivare

May 9, 2022
Tyler, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello we have a 30,000 gallon inground vinyl pool and have been having some problems with chemicals and algae. Our pool was really green and we have been treating it for over two weeks now and it's a bit better but still cloudy and chemicals are still calling for 6 gallons of muriatic acid. We have put in a gallon already and our PH is 7.5 but still calling for more. Is this normal? And how can i get this done quickly? We have been running our pool no stop and it's getting very expensive. Thank you.

That's your problem it's called POOLSTORED. You need your own testing via test kit Test Kits Compared and ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry will help you understand about pool chemistry. If you fill in your signature like you see mine on the bottm it'll help us help you more easily. Get your kit ordered and do nothing except for adding 5 ppm liquid chlorine daily as per the downloadable poolmath app till the kit arrives. Once the kit comes do the full set of testing as per the instruction card and post. We will advise the best course of action. Until then you're going at this pool blindly.

Last edited:
K,

We have no faith in Pool Store tests, nor what they recommend.

But just for fun show us, or tell us, all of the results from their water test.

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt if you have a saltwater pool.

Thanks,

Jim R.

K,

MA has no effect on algae, so what instructions are you following?

Thanks,

Jim R.
K,

We have no faith in Pool Store tests, nor what they recommend.

But just for fun show us, or tell us, all of the results from their water test.

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt if you have a saltwater pool.

Thanks,

Jim R.
fc- 0.27
CC-
pH- 7.5
TA- 177
CH- 73
CYA- 5

and its more green today

We all recommend get one of the Test Kits Compared test kits mentioned here, TF-100 is my favorite. Order ASAP and while you wait for it add daily 5ppm of liquid chlorine. When kit arrives do the testing as per the instruction card and post then we will advise otherwise there's no direction to send you to.

fc- 0.27
CC-
pH- 7.5
TA- 177
CH- 73
CYA- 5

and its more green today
You can’t trust the results from the pool store as you can see by them recommending 6 gallons of acid. Order one of the two recommended test kits on this site, and add 5ppm worth of liquid chlorine to your pool each day until it arrives (like mentioned above).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We all recommend get one of the Test Kits Compared test kits mentioned here, TF-100 is my favorite. Order ASAP and while you wait for it add daily 5ppm of liquid chlorine. When kit arrives do the testing as per the instruction card and post then we will advise otherwise there's no direction to send you to.
Is that 19 oz a day?

I got my gallons of liquid chlorine and ordered my test kit. Should I wait till the sun goes down tonight to add first dose of chlorine? Thanks
Nope, go ahead and add. Add a gallon. Pour slowly over a return. Like 1-2 minutes for the bottle. This will protect your liner. When you are done, brush the bottom under the pour to mix.

Good Job!

Nope, go ahead and add. Add a gallon. Pour slowly over a return. Like 1-2 minutes for the bottle. This will protect your liner. When you are done, brush the bottom under the pour to mix.

Good Job!
Great, will do as soon as i get home. Thank you, so excited to get my pool under control :)

Hello,
I got my test kit yesterday and was able to do all the testing today. My results re no chlorine, PH is 8.2, CH 175 ppm, CYA is 20, and TA is 130. Pool is very green also. Thank you all again

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.