Help - What is this stuff floating in my pool

Oct 3, 2018
severna park, md
I have these small clear/white things floating on the surface of the pool. Does anyone know what they are or how to get rid of them? The filter has been running but it's not sucking them into the skimmer basket. I tried using the net to scoop them all out, but I think they are too small for the net. I attached a picture (they are very hard to see in the picture, but I added some arrows, they are much easier to see when the sun is shining on them).
I have a 27k gallon salt water pool and tested the water yesterday:
FCL: 2
TCL: 3
ALK: 120
PH: 7.8
TH: 400
CYA: 40

Attachments

• IMG_4934.JPG
    IMG_4934.JPG
    501.6 KB · Views: 97
Impossible to know from your pics but I'm guessing organic plant material. In the west we have Cotton Wood trees that produce debris like this for a few weeks then its over. Keep your FC in the zone.

Danrock, being not too far from you and given the time of year, I believe it's pollen as well. It's been pretty bad pollen-wise down here in VA or at least my allergies tell me so. I have similar looking floaties this time of year. As mentioned, keep the FC in range here: FC/CYA Levels. Those test results look eerily similar to a pool store test (i.e. TCL). Do you have a test kit? Test Kits Compared

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.