Help users find Liquid Chlorine

If you live around Harris or Montgomery Counties/Houston/Spring Tx, Napco is the way to go. It's $1.88/gal at 12.5% concentration, so that's 96 cents at 6.25% vs $2.88 for a gal at 6.25%.. Minimal purchase is 5 gal...you can bring your own container, but it has to have a 2" hole or > for dispensing bleach. you will have to buy a hazardous sticker too...here the MSDS w address on first page...good luck, tstex

Great outfit. Several friends of mine in the area have been using them for years.

Online brand liquid chlorine, 10%, is on sale until Memorial Day at Atwood's for $1.99 for 128 oz. Each box contains 4 bottles, but you can buy each bottle separately. Online brand has several manufacturing plants, and one is here in Oklahoma. Atwood's keeps it inside the store, but who knows if it is kept cool on the truck delivering it to Atwood's.

Online brand uses best buy dates. Yesterday, we bought bottles dated May 7, 2021, and today we bought bottles dated May 8, 2021.
I didn't think chlorine lasted for a year, at least not at full strength.

Edit 5/31/20:

Atwood's still has the liquid shock for $1.99 per gallon. It is the best price I have seen.

Attachments

• 20200531_173936.jpg
    20200531_173936.jpg
    611.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20200531_173949.jpg
    20200531_173949.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
so i am basically paying $22.95 for a 4-pack of 12.5% at Leslies - $6 a bottle, including tax.

at least they have plenty of it

i am in SW Connecticut, and it's very hard to find - i don't want to make shopping for chlorine a hobby.

so i am basically paying $22.95 for a 4-pack of 12.5% at Leslies - $6 a bottle, including tax.

at least they have plenty of it

i am in SW Connecticut, and it's very hard to find - i don't want to make shopping for chlorine a hobby.
You could check and see if there's an Ocean State Job Lots near you - they typically have liquid chlorine. They inventory on their website as well, so you could check.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Job Lot is 12.5% and usually very fresh, I bought some a month ago and it was less than two weeks old. Also, their website stock system seems to work well, but you can always call and ask. The ones close to me usually have at least two pallets of chlorine out at anytime and I have a feeling they have quite a bit more in the back. It's all I use and never had a problem.

I tried to post a marker but the "submit" button wouldn't work. It showed as just a thin blue bar. I am using Firefox on a Windows 7 PC.

Here are the details I was trying to submit:
WalMart in Florence, KY 41042
On 3/14/20 at the WalMart on Houston Rd. there were plenty of 1 Gallon jugs of Pool Essentials 10% chlorine in stock with an early 2020 mfg date for $3.46 each. Beware there were some old stock jugs with a 2019 mfg date on the same shelf.
How do you read the production date on Pool Essential Chlorinating Liquid?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.