Help needed tracking down spa overflow filter basket

Jun 1, 2018
Austin, TX
We have a spa that overflows via a ~4.25" diameter drain down to the pool. The previous owners had a basket that sat in the drain and prevented leafs from falling into it. That basket started to disintegrate so I replaced it with a basket I found at Leslie's. The new basket seemed to fit fine but after even just a few leafs falls into the basket it gets clogged up and the water starts to rise in the spa to the point that it has almost overflowed a couple of times.

I think the problem is the new basket is straight and the last basket may have been tapered. Also the new basket has much smaller holes. I have tried drilling larger holes into the new basket but that doesn't make a difference.

I need to track down the correct basket for this setup or at least a better basket. Everything else on the pool is Hayward so I'm thinking this could also be a Hayward product.

See the attached photos. Any ideas?

I appreciate it!

IMG-5248.jpg

IMG-5250.jpg

IMG-5257.jpg

IMG-5255.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-5250.jpg
    IMG-5250.jpg
    381.9 KB · Views: 1
Thanks for the replies. @Jimrahbe I didn't see a link in your post. Do you happen to have that? @kimkats Unfortunately, I don't have the old basket. That would be helpful! The new one seemed to fit so I threw the old one a way. The problem didn't present itself until the leafs started falling. @Bama Rambler I'm thinking the lid may not match the basket because this is definitely a 4-1/4" hole.

So lets try this...............get out your tape measure it measure the skimmer where the basket goes. Give www.inyopool.com a call with what you have going on. If anyone can fix you up they will be able to. Make sure to tell them TFP sent you for the white glove treatment!

I pinged Jim to let him know the links did not take.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.