Lemonhead

Jun 3, 2020
Middletown NY-211
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I want my cc down to zero. Is slamming the only way to do it or can I just bump the fc up a little for a few days ? My stabilizer is roughly 30. Right now my fc is elevated to 7.5 . I raised it on purpose to try and get this under control. My cc is .50 . I know it’s not really high but I want it gone. Last question is can I swim today with fc at 7.5 ? It’s gonna be really hot today

There is nothing wrong with .5 CC, but you can try upping your FC. Take a look at the FC/CYA chart in my signature below. You should get an accurate CYA reading from your kit and round up to the nearest 10 to use the chart. You can swim up to the SLAM FC level, so your FC of 7.5 is perfectly fine to swim.

Sometimes we get .5 cc that lingers at that level for a while. Not sure why but experts advise to treat .5 cc as zero. I suspect it is an organic molecule that's more difficult to fully oxidize. Could be from contamination introduced from rain water or tree branches, leaves etc. In our pool it usually disappears in a few days. I would guess that running higher level FC and low end of pH range will help. But don't over do it and stay within TFP recommended ranges.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.