Help! Low water line?? Air in system! Auto fill not on????

cjmrdm

Feb 1, 2013
Peoria Arizona
Pool Size
Hello! So, I went to backwash my pool just now and noticed the waterline was unusually low. The only thing I can think would cause that is a leak underground????

Then I continued to perform the backwash and new instantly there was something off. It was drawing in air from somewhere. There was air in the system. I then changed it back to pool and ran it while draining the air out of my DE filter. I thought it was going good until more air came from somewhere. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

So, I went to look at the pool and then I noticed I didn’t hear the auto fill. So, I don’t know if they are all related or I just have the worst luck.

Thank you in advance!

What is the level of the pool water? It should be near the mid point of the skimmer.

Add water via your hose to raise it to that level. Then troubleshoot the autofill.

Reactions: BDY
Is the water level below your skimmers? Can you see if they are drawing water or sucking air while pump is running? It may be a water level issue and not a leak issue if your skimmers are sucking air

So, I did notice before I started the backwash that it was barely over the skimmer flap. I shouldn’t have started the backwash, my bad. However, even with all of this I can usually always hear my auto fill going.

I have the hose in the pool now.

I forget where to turn on and off the water supply for the auto fill. I’m sure it’s the outlet that supplies my misters too. I will attach a photo.

I have the same float. Pretty bullet proof. The level of your water looks fine. Is it? You can adjust the float with the thumbscrew on the shaft to the float.

Push the float down. Does water come in?

Hello! So, I went to backwash my pool just now and noticed the waterline was unusually low. The only thing I can think would cause that is a leak underground????

Then I continued to perform the backwash and new instantly there was something off. It was drawing in air from somewhere. There was air in the system. I then changed it back to pool and ran it while draining the air out of my DE filter. I thought it was going good until more air came from somewhere. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

So, I went to look at the pool and then I noticed I didn’t hear the auto fill. So, I don’t know if they are all related or I just have the worst luck.

Thank you in advance!
Arizona + high heat + evaporation + relying on an autofill that is not working = low water in the pool.

Reactions: cjmrdm
No, water does not come out when I push it. My son has been messing with water projects recently and I have a feeling he turned it off. I just can’t remember where to turn it on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 3

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It’s much lower pressure than the returns you won’t feel water coming out in the pool - rather you should hear the valve opening when you push it

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.