HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to turn

Re: HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to

I think they were talking about the 10% liquid chlorine. It's sold in the garden section at Walmart in packs of 2. It's the same as bleach, only stronger. Make sure you change the
Pool calculater if you use it.

Only difference is how strong each is.

Buck for buck the 2 pack of 10% is the cheapest so far from the store this year. $6.47 for 2 gallons.

Walmart is having a sale on 12% liquid. If you get that, just be sure to put the percentage in the pool calc because it takes half as much as regular bleach. Nothing to look for in that except it's % sodium hypochlorite.

Cherie said:
Walmart Ultra (6%) is the only thing I use. Have been using it since joining this site. They recently raised their price from $2.63 to $2.98 for the big one, which is still dirt cheap!

I've been using the 182oz from my grocery store that is $2.91. I keep them out of stock. LOL.

Today i am actually going to a K-Mart. There aren't many of them around any more and just wanted to make sure it's ok to get something besides the reg ole bleach if i find something higher on percentage.

If its a powder, it's off limits to you for now. We'll work with them after he conversion is over. Stay with liquid chlorine.

Hey Niki, that was me that talked about the liquid chlorine. I have used every form of chlorine they make at one time or another. I used to buy the powdered HTH Shock & Super Shock, until this year and never again. It raised my CH and my PH was too high and calcium scale formed on sides (I think from not brushing enough) and bottom and cut my kids' and their friends feet. I've finally got all my numbers in line and the scale is about half gone after much scrubbing.

If the 6% 182 oz bottle costs $2.98 and the 2 pack of gallon jugs of 10% liquid chlorine cost $6.47 as they do here, then it is a better buy and more convenient to buy the 2 pack. As Leebo said though, remember to adjust the dose as it is a higher concentration of chlorine. I have my CYA at about 40 or 50 and I only add about 1/2 gallon of the liquid chlorine a day and I still have 1-2 ppm the next day.

Happy shopping, oh and I didn't get as much done on the salon as I wanted to last night either. The neighbor kid came over for a swim on his new to him electric scooter and tried popping a wheelie right into our retaining wall (the scooter lost) and bent the front tire back so I had to bend the forks back, so the header is ready to go in, but hasn't yet. So needless to say I'm a day behind, doh, keep it up. You are sooo close!

Thanks Jule...i'm off to check it all out.

Ok no powder...deal Leebo.

Glad no one was hurt on the accident yesterday Jenson. Life does get in the way sometimes on our projects huh.

Will check in when i get back!!! Have a splendid afternoon all!!!!

The pool looks great this morning. When I have been recovering from a swamp mine looks like yours just before it starts clearing. Clearly your work yesterday has paid off. FWIW I get my bleach at Costco - Clorox 6% 182 oz bottles in 3 bottle case. Can't remember the exact price but it is under $5 per case.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Here's how psycho I am about my chlorine cost. I have charted every type of every store around here and have it organized by regular price and sale prices best deals to worst. I can't take the credit for this though, I stole it off this site :)

If you want it I can post the .xls file. Now get shopping :whip:

Attachments

• Bleach Costs.jpg
    Bleach Costs.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 107

Txmat said:
The pool looks great this morning. When I have been recovering from a swamp mine looks like yours just before it starts clearing. Clearly your work yesterday has paid off. FWIW I get my bleach at Costco - Clorox 6% 182 oz bottles in 3 bottle case. Can't remember the exact price but it is under $5 per case.

Is that price really correct? That's an insanely good deal! Usually it's around 3 jugs for ~ $9 like radefeld said.

I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Well, went to K-Mart and they didn't have any liquid chlorine, just the powder.

Went to Wal-Mart...same thing. No liquid at all. Looked and Looked. Asked 3 different peeps. Nope, nada. There is another Wal-Mart near the area i work on weekends, so i'll check there.

Went ahead and got 10 more of the 182 oz of 6% at $2.98. That should get me through a few days.

Bleach consumption has really slowed down. I am putting in some during the day. I put in a smaller 96 oz this morning and i'm going to put in a biggie right now. I'll test later and see what my CC is at.

Oh anddddddddddddddddddd i bought FLOATS!!!!!!

I may just blow it up and put it in the tub if my pool don't hurry up. It's gonna be in the 90s until Friday then the high is gonna be 101. Instead of a heater for my pool, i may start thinking about ice!!!! That water is sooooooooooo warm, it's gonna get even more warm this week.

Jenson that chart is great. Ya'll kill me with these charts and stuff. I LOVE them. But, OMG i can't imagine doing that sorta thing.

It's good you smarties are around!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.