HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to turn

Re: HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to

Ok the swim is over :|

Yes Leebo, rest assured, the second i get out of that pool, i am in that shower!!!!

Wow we worked hard for hours. I got in with the vacuum and walked every inch of the bottom. STILL found leaves. My goodness is there a tree planted in there i don't see? Good news was i didn't feel any ick, no slimy spots, no gross things. Just leaves, and really not that many, but more than i thought would be there. We had to dump the basket (the big one in the pump) 4 times it was that full. Finally, we stopped getting any and finally i didn't step on any or feel them floating around my shins.

Then, we scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed. Every inch of that pool. Of course, not being able to see it well, we could very well miss places. But we scrubbed from the top all the way to the bottom on the sides all the way around 4 times. I scrubbed the steps the return, the lights the baskets the skimmer...everything.

The water still looks pretty light blue and there is no algae that i saw at all. All that bleach did fade my liner at the water line, but who cares. That's the least of my worries. And the water will cover that up anyway. There is some discoloration around the top of the pool under the rim and i scrapped it with my fingernail even and it won't come off. So i don't think it is ick, i think it is stains, and it is out of the water level anyway.

So, right now i am filling the pool back up, i'd say we drained about 5 inches at least. (was tempted to keep going) After it gets full i'll test and add bleach then test in 30 minutes and check that OCLT level in the AM. I will set my alarm for 6. This morning at 8, my pool was 1/2 already in the sun. Speaking of the sun, OMG that water is warm!!!! It is totally like bath water. I can't believe i'm missing that wonderful water right now. It was in the 90s here today and was perfect for floating and playing. Oh well, i did get in that water, just not exactly the way i had pictured LOL.

I doubt since we scrubbed so hard so long and the pool is so stirred, that i will pass any tests tonight. My CC is bound to be up there a little. But, still gonna try.

Anyway, showered and ready for supper, it's almost 9:00!!!!!

You've got 100% the right idea! All this work will pay off soon.....I promise you! It sounds like there wasn't much change in color after all the brushing? If not....another major plus. Scrubbing the pool won't affect your CC much if most of the dead stuff isn't in the water. Chlorine doesn't take long to kill stuff once it get's it's chance. Think of how quickly the pool turned green once you first started....that's how quick stuff dies!

I really have a good feeling......just remember........Sunrise at 6:21 am!

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's right, no color change whatsoever. Exactly the same color and look after a major brushing.

I have a really good feeling too!!!!!!! Still filling up the pool as we speak...wow it got low!!! Fresh water is a plus as well i think.

I'll set my alarm for 6:15 that should give me enough time to stumble out onto the deck, pray i don't fall in, and grab the water, test it and try to remember how to count and how to test, write down the results and do a leap to get back in bed. LOL.

Oh and i'll post the results AFTER i get more sleep and WHILE i'm drinking coffee!!!

Just tested and added.

FC was 12.5 after one hour
CC was 2.

So, i'm not going to be able to pass OCULT anyway. My CC is too high. But it will still be interesting to see how many FCs i lose overnight, so i'll still get up and test it.

A CC of 2 really isn't all that bad i don't think, considering what we did today. Don't you think?

I'm here!!!! I got up at 6 OMG that's early. Ever notice 6 is way earlier when you get up at that time and you don't have to go to work?
After testing i dove back into bed....

Ok i tested at 6 and here is what i got.....

FC 12.5
CC 1

Pool is cloudy and whitish this morning. No bleach smell.

Oh and yesterday when i was meandering around in there, i did point that intake valve a little more toward the bottom. I hope that makes sense.

Mornin!!!!

Day 15

100_1426.jpg

100_1427.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I didn't test it. Well, i knew i wouldn't pass because my CC was still 2. So after my readings were FC 12.5 and CC 2, i added 52 oz and that was it.

Don't smack me i'm not awake yet LOL

I guess i should have anyway...but i'm down to maybe 2 more tests until my new DPD gets here and that maybe a couple of days.

HA Jule.....I've moved on from my garden. Counting it dead. We had a few tomatoes start to grow but something ate them. Letting the weeds take over. We tried it for the first time this year to let the girls see stuff grow but our soil is FULL of rocks and such. We were lucky that the stuff even started to take root. Add to that the zero rain this year, and we said forget it!

As for the pool. There is a chance that the last few CC's are living in your sand. Just about no amount of bleach will get them in there. This is why we suggest changing your sand after the conversion. If what you said was true, then it looks like you still lost 2FC's overnight....but it shows you're getting close. Don't you hate waiting for stuff in the mail! It never fails does it. :(

I know!!!!! I ordered yesterday because i realized i needed some quickly on Sat and it was the weekend. So, anyway, amazon didn't have a way to overnight it. So, yeah i wait. Being out of testing supplies is worse than anything. I feel like my hands are tied. I guess today i'll just add bleach here and there and then tonight before bed i'll test. If my CC is still up i'll forgo the OCULT until the CC comes down or i get my supplies...which ever is first.

I'm going shopping today, so i'll add bleach before i go and then this evening again, i'll get back in there and vacuum and scrub again.

Leebo ~ We've been out in the country for 30 years this Memorial weekend. Raised four kids here and never grew veggies until 2004, our youngest son's senior year of HS. I had a perennial garden for a dozen years before that, but finally the hubby decides to create a veggie garden! Say what? After the kids are gone? lol! Started out with a fenced one, four years ago he created a second larger unfenced one. Now this summer he's made a third. Geeze Loiuse! There's more work around here now than when our kids were home....lol!

To be fair, it brings him home after work everyday and he makes great salsa and pickles!!!! I do experiment every year, try growing something new. This year it's ground cherries and I saw yesterday they are fruiting. yay!

So, back to the pools...........Just vacuumed mine. It's still cloudy but can finally detect a few 'dirt?' spots on the bottom. I think it helped that I shucked the Walmart trip for bleach and bought 12.5% shock at the pool store. Dumped in three bottles last night. Definately overkill, but well...if it doesn't melt my liner, my pool will clear....lol!

Oh that reminds me of a question. I'm going shopping today. Someone suggested getting the liquid chlorine at like Wal-Mart because it is bigger percent than the 6% bleach. Isn't there some of that that is harmful, like the pool store stuff? Is there a certain ingredient i should make sure is not in the liquid chlorine? Or is it all ok?

Walmart Ultra (6%) is the only thing I use. Have been using it since joining this site. They recently raised their price from $2.63 to $2.98 for the big one, which is still dirt cheap!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.