HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to turn

Re: HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to

It's super easy, you just need to plug in the % chlorine (Sodium Hypochlorite Concentration), Container Size (in ounces), and how much it cost. (and of course what you bought and where you bought it). It will automagically calculate the cost per oz. TADA!

Attachments

• Bleach.Cost.xls
    34 KB · Views: 9

~Wow! Jensen, I don't loaded your chart. Thanks so much for making it available!!!!

Hmmmm, now I'm thinking, lol! ..... Could you make one say, to compare electrical cost of operation, on peak VS off peak time of use?
My DH says it doesn't cost that much more to have our pump running all day, but I haven't focused on determining the amount of the bill that actually results from the pump running.

I see you are in Argyle, WI. Heading to Google to find out where that is from me...lol.

Niki,

My Wal-Mart hides the chlorine in the garden shop, right outside the slidey doors. It's called "HTH Liquid Chlorinator" Wal-Mart # 001601164. It's actually 10% and comes two gallons to a box.

If you have an Ace Hardware somewhere, they have 4 gallons in a box of the same stuff. That's usually where I get mine.

4a0583ed-2a0d-3b88.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Oh... I've also found it hidden against the wall over by the paint and hardware department on the bottom shelf shoved to the back where you can't see it. This is why I normally don't get it from Wal-Mart. I can't believe they have a fast turnover, or any turnover for that matter...

At Ace Hardware, I can ask them how much they've sold, and they'll tell me!

584 gallons in two days during that last sale they had. Lol. I had a rain check for a week!

Kias said:
This is why I normally don't get it from Wal-Mart. I can't believe they have a fast turnover, or any turnover for that matter...

I buy about 6 boxes a month from Wal-Mart. :D

I "accidentally" put a black mark on one of the chlorine boxes at Wal-Mart. Came back two weeks later... still there. They just don't move at my wally's.

Wow well, i did snoop around at my Wal-Mart a bit. I didn't see it anywhere but i may have missed it. I do have an Ace Hardware Store...i'll check that out and their prices. This is all so cool!!!!

I'm eating a late dinner, then gonna head out and get in the pool and scrub and vacuum awhile...

Dang it! I really wish your powder came in today. I'm DIEING to know just how much chlorine you lost. :( You're soooo close by the numbers it's gotta turn clear soon.

I have enough to ...

check around 9ish...add what i need and then wait the 30 minutes check again and then check in AM...

But, isn't it a good idea to not do that and save my testing stuff if my CC is still at 1 or 2?

I just looked back at my swap......

The last test I did one night I had a FC level of 17 and a CC level of 1.5. The next morning at 8am (sunrises around 6:30) I tested the levels again. The FC was 15.5 and the CC was 1. It had held the majority of the chlorine overnight, and I'd guess if I tested before sunrise I would have passed the OCLT. After you pass the OCLT you'll be able to add cya and change the sand. After you have CYA in the pool you'll cut your FC lose down a TON. I wish I could tell you however to try for the OCLT....but you're right, it maybe better to hold off on the supplies. :(

If you try the K-1000 test right now, what reading do you get?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My WM stocks the chlorinator inside by the pets and BBQ stuff near the garden door and sometimes in Toys with the pool toys. I have also seen pallets of. I always just ask a stock person with a radio, they can call upstairs or wherever and ask where it is today. The stockers with a radio are higher level logistics employees.

Oops sorry Leebo, i was out vacuuming and scrubbing!!! I went ahead and added 311oz around 8:30. I'll wait till 9:30 and check it to see if maybe i have a shot or not.

Oh thanks techguy. I got so frustrated with the help at Wal-mart. I asked one person who led me right back where i had already looked and started picking up bottles of Algistat and reading and had no clue whatsoever. Then another person out in lawn and garden tried helping me find it, but again was looking right where i had looked. I was up and down all of those isles, where the floats are and stuff, but I wasn't primarly looking for boxes. That pic that Kias put up here will help me locate that maybe next time and i certainly didn't look in the kid department. Thanks for the tip!!!

Oh and one more question Leebo, don't i have to have clear water before i pass as well?

You may have cloudy water, yet pass the OCLT. You'll need to keep shocking, but at least you'll be able to keep chlorine in during the day. It sounds like you were close last night, let's hope you pass tonight.

Just add the bleach you'd guess to take you up to 15 and save your last test for tomorrow night. :( It's killing me as you're soooooooooo close.

Stupid shipping! Hurry up!!

So, as we can't talk about testing the pool tomorrow, what's the topic for the day?

Well gosh let's see....

Oh i know...Anyone want to buy a chalet in Pigeon Forge? Me and my mom are going to meet the relator tomorrow to put it on the market...

I sure wish we could see an uptodate chart ...hint hint

Oh andddddddddd i should go add some DE i bet. Cause i did backwash tonight...

After i get all crystal clear and my conversion is a success (it will happen). Ya'll will have to still come into this thread sometimes and just talk. I'm addicted to this thread now. It's part of my life!!! (most likely says a lot about my exciting life huh)
LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.