Help getting loop lock out of cement!

May 14, 2018
Salem MA
Hi gang,

Hopefully someone can give me some advice. I had a stripped loop lock in the cement and I am desperately trying to get it out without destroying the cement. I have drilled it to some extent but gave up until I get better advice. Here is a pick of what I am working with right now.

4164152A-83AE-4B9E-9281-1A1DE1567C33.jpeg

I have a new one to put in. Should I drill big to get it out and fill with cement and start over? What size drill would be the exact cut?

Any help appreciated as always

Slide hammer. I welded a lag bolt onto one of the screws for my slide hammer and just 4 or 5 whacks brought it out.

You might be able to get a long lag bolt to wedge into the insert and tap upward on the head with a hammer.

For future reference, there's a technique that works pretty well.

There are several commercial anchor removal tools available, but you can make your own using stuff you can find at the hardware store.

Basically, you drill and tap the center hole, place a short metal tube over the anchor that has a diameter slightly larger than the anchor, screw in a long screw and tighten a nut to pull the screw up, which pulls the anchor up.

Use a coupling nut because it's longer and less likely to jam. Use a stainless steel screw because it's stronger than the galvanized.

Reactions: Yosh
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.