Help! cloudy pool

Yes still backwashing filter when needed.
I went ahead and added a little clarifier since I didn't get any responses soon. I hope it don't mess anything up. But had to try something because this was taking a ridiculous amount of time. I guess we will see what it does.

The potential downside to clarifier is that over time it could build up in the filter and cause you to need to change out your sand. Probably not the end of the world, and it's only a maybe thing, so in your shoes and after so long, I'd give it a shot myself, even if I wouldn't normally use it.

The potential downside to clarifier is that over time it could build up in the filter and cause you to need to change out your sand. Probably not the end of the world, and it's only a maybe thing, so in your shoes and after so long, I'd give it a shot myself, even if I wouldn't normally use it.
Thanks I didn't want everyone to think I was going against what to do. But since it's been this long I felt I had to try something.

I wouldn't jump straight to changing the sand. I would watch for any signs that the sand is channeling, like dirt being blown back into the pool when vacuuming to filter, and then I'd try deep cleaning the sand filter. If that didn't work and it still channels, then I'd replace the sand.

Let us know if the clarifier works for you!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Then it's dead algae. Do you have a way to point your return jets down toward the floor? What you want to do is stir it up into the water so the filter can get it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.