Help! cloudy pool

My husband thinks I'm becoming a pool guru. Lol I just want to take control of my pool. I found this web site last year and started following. No problems last year so I never even posted anything. This year is different. And I'm no dummy to pools. I've owned this pool for 14 years. Owned 1 before this for 2 years. Also grew up with a pool. But this year just stumped me. I like to say thanks to everyone who's trying to help me!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This is sort of a long shot that sounds basic, but I just read your whole thread and I don't remember you mentioning how often you have been brushing the pool... I'm sure you probably know this and are brushing frequently already, but just in case this step was somehow overlooked I just wanted to mention it. Algae can form a biofilm on surfaces that protects it from chlorine. Brushing disrupts this biofilm and allows the chlorine in to kill the algae.

Reactions: TammyGriffin
This is sort of a long shot that sounds basic, but I just read your whole thread and I don't remember you mentioning how often you have been brushing the pool... I'm sure you probably know this and are brushing frequently already, but just in case this step was somehow overlooked I just wanted to mention it. Algae can form a biofilm on surfaces that protects it from chlorine. Brushing disrupts this biofilm and allows the chlorine in to kill the algae.
Thanks for checking but yeah I brush everyday.

Something with the filter is not correct. But I am no expert in sand filters. And essentially they are pretty simple.

If the filter is absolutely correctly plumbed and put togehter, at this point we sometimes say try a clarifier. But get a good one. SeaKlear makes a good one. Not available at pool stores.
Just got that seaklear clarifer you recommended. I wanted to ask you how much I should use? It says as a weekly dose 1 ounce per 10k. But then for a cloudy pool it says to double or triple. So I'm thinking 12 ounces. Is that how much you would use?

I wouldn’t use it. You wanted to use a clarifier. That is one that is known to be of quality. Use at your own discretion.

Before this year I never used anything but chlorine to clear my pool. So I know nothing about clarifiers or floc. When it took forever to clear my pool this year I tried a floc. It did absolutely nothing. And everyone said not to use floc. I've been at my wits end trying to clear this water. I've heard a few people on here say they have used a clarifier to clear their pools. Now my question is should i try as a last resort or not? Don't know what else to do?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.