Help! cloudy pool

If you get impatient with waiting, you might want to check out the sand in the filter. Do you have a way to remove the top without cutting open all of the pipes (unions are used to connect the PVC piping together)?

Some advise adding a little DE to the sand filter - if it stays slow to clear you could try that. Also, are your jets angled down a bit to stir up the water under the surface?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'd like to say here: I am no expert, just someone with a pool and some knowledge. Feel free to correct me if I say something weird!

Sounds to me like you need to use some pool shock. You said your pool smelled strong and had CC, so I would recommend adding some Cal Hypo to eliminate the combined chlorine. If you are near a leslies they sell Power Powder Plus. About 2 of those bags should be good for a 30 gallon pool, but you're FC is already at 10 so maybe you won't need to add that much in.

Other than that, keep vacuuming all the garbage out and you should be okay.

Cal Hypo and liquid chlorine both add chlorine. Cal hypo will also add calcium. Liquid won’t. Not a big deal given the low calcium levels, but no reason to deviate from bleach.

I did use some bags of shock when it was green..but after it turned to cloudy I've only been using the liquid chlorine. I didn't want to increase the calcium because I had high calcium 2 years ago. And it caused a buildup of grit all over the pool walls. It's still gritty to this day

Reactions: IceShadow
Just stay with the liquid chlorine and keep it at SLAM levels until you get the CCs to .5 or 0 and it clears. You just have to have patience.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.