Hello all

dgese

Jul 21, 2021
Las Vegas
Cant find info online or direct.. or with my pool guy. So this might be the place to be!

I hope you all like to read and ready for my story.

We just moved into this house in Las Vegas. I checked out what pool system I had and it is an AquaLink RS model 6613/6614.

I found out online that this is a Jandy brand system ...now zodiac or Fluidra or Vista?

So I figured to keep my brand matching I wrote to Jandy asking what salt system is good for my 10k gallon pool. They suggested a TruClear11k for up to 35k gallons.

I asked my maintenance pool guy to look for one. Weeks went by. I said I found one, he said ok get it and he has a guy to install it.

It seemed like nobody could get me this one so I went Ebay ... new from a Florida Pool company. Brand new in the box for $800 when it was supposed to retail for $1300 ish. When I took it out of the OEM box it was fresh new...all the wires were pre sliced jacket like OEM. It smelled new. looks new. no fingerprints. Paper work looks like nobody ever has touched it. Just trying to say yes it was brand new like the Ebay ad said.

My pool maintenance guy put in bags of salt and had me run the pumps for 24 hours.

The installer came out to install it and instantly started to argue with me about hooking it up to the Aqualink RS. He said we will hook it up direct to the pump so it runs at the same time. I said I purchased this system so it will hook up and interface with my system. That was the whole point! He said ok. Then he didnt know how to connect the 4 wires to the new TruClear11k. I had to stand over him to make sure he saw the little water tight port in the bottom is. Then after he was all done it looked great. Install was leak free and the unit was on but said STANDBY 100% on it. None of the buttons worked at all. He said its because the Aqualink is hooked to it.

I have the app on my phone to get into the system and figured ok I will have to look at that, but he was already packed up and gone and had my $300.

I went into my app and it had nothing obvious in there and I have no idea at this point who will know how to help me with it.

So I went to the Jandy website and found where you put in your zip code and it tells you who to contact local. I called the 1 person it showed. He came out the next morning. I told him its like its hooked up but my app needs to be setup too. I said please make sure he hooked up the 4 wires like I asked. The TruClear side was hooked up....the Aqualink side... the wire was just sitting in there....wires were not even stripped to install.

This technician hooked them to the Aqulink and setup my phone app to adjust the salt ... I set it to 75% and let it sit.

Words were said to my maintenance guy about his "installer guy". He even said ... "you got it on Ebay so it was probably bad". Yet it was very much brand new.

All seems very confusing to me at this point.... if it wasn't hooked to the Aqualink (for real) then why didn't the interface work on the TruClear11k box itself? I think the installer removed the lid and unhooked the interface or something like that. Would that matter now that its hooked up to the Aqualink for control?

I am now at the point of questioning if its actually making chlorine at all. Nobody seems to really have an answer for this. Other than just wait with it set to 100% in my phone app...if its dropping then its not. The pump it set to 6 hours a day 11am to 5pm on a 10k pool seems like enough. Its been 105 degrees daily. The pool gets up to about 92 degrees some days.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?
Welcome DG !!
Other than just wait with it set to 100% in my phone app...if its dropping then its not
worst comes to worst you’ll know in a day. You have to perform this step no matter what upon initially dialing any of them in, sometimes for several days in a row.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.