Cheap option for linking a second salt cell

Lownerpool

Jan 31, 2023
New York
Hello, first of all I’m a newbie but I do have people that can help me.

I bought a 2nd salt cell (compupool 3 salt cell grc/j40-3) becaise I was told you can’t them together and use 2.

My system is the jandy aquapure aqualink that I have my first compupool salt cell hooked up to. I believe it’s an older model aqualink but it works well.

Anyway I found out to hook up a second salt cell I need to buy a second system. My question is very simple; what would be the cheapest system I could hook my compupool up to. Are there things much cheaper than aqualink or should I look on eBay? Since aqualink goes up and down on salt generation up to 100% this second system could just turn on and off and I could dial my needs twitch my aqualink if that’s even a consideration. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

David

David,

How big is your pool?

If your pool is so large that you need two cells, then I would set up one of the cells to run at a constant 80% on its own controller and then use your Jandy system to control the other cell's output to control the total amount of FC being produced.

I would power the new cell from the same source that powers your current cell so that neither cell would be on if the pump is not running.

Thanks,

Jim R.

How cheap can controllers be?
David,

The controller comes with the salt cell.. Unless you already have a controller and cell, and are just replacing the cell.

You can't really use an existing controller to control two cells.

You'd end up with your existing controller (Aqualink) and cell, and a new controller and new cell.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I am probably going to have to do this also when it summer hits. I have found over the years that a t-cell-15 can't keep up when the demand is high.

Need to figure out the simplest way to piggy-back a smaller "support system" that can do the job from about May to September and provide some redundancy in the other months. Maybe a Hayward W3SAS -PRO, CircuPool core35, or something same size as a Hayward cell if I can find a way to fit it in series.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.