SityClicker

In The Industry
Apr 10, 2021
Huntington Beach
I had a mastertemp 400 that would turn on, blower would turn on, would blow cold air, the. Cycle 3 times and give a service heater light. I flipped over panel, no error codes. Opened front panel and fenwal has no light. Changed fenwal and it was blinking 3 times, ignition issue. Checked igniter, it was bad. Changed it and heater fired up.

went to grab my pole and vacuum, when I came back about 10 minutes later breaker was tripped. Tried resetting it multiple times and it immediately trips the breaker.

heater and filter pump are on the same breaker. I had to disconnect the heater from the power to allow my intelliflo to run. I tried disconnecting filter pump and kept the heater hooked up, breaker immediately trips. Checked voltage, heater is getting 240 volts.

I was not having this issue prior to changing the fenwal and lgnitor. There is a J-box that got moisture in it from a leak in the pump room. The conduit is connected on the bottom of the j box. Some water might have gotten in the conduit. Could that cause a breaker to trip? Don’t know where to go from here.
Thanks

If that is the breaker you have then it is a GFCI and you likely have a GFCI trip due to moisture somewhere.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.