Hayward T-5 salt cell

Jun 19, 2020
Palm coast fl
4 year salt cell keeping 12,500 a pool Cl at 4.0. During my 90 day check on the cell I found a black rod on the bottom of the cell. Looks like the plastic retainer that was holding it in place broke off. Is the rod some time of anode?(see attached) All current and voltage reading on panel are in the normal range. I assume it time to replace the cell? Any idea why it broke off? I assume normal wear and tear?
Thanks for your input.

Attachments

• 8B788FE3-DA43-44BF-A4B5-7A97195CBBB3.jpeg
    8B788FE3-DA43-44BF-A4B5-7A97195CBBB3.jpeg
    656.4 KB · Views: 8
Your are correct it is not metal. Appears to be fiberglass. It had 2 clear plastic retainers with screws holes. I only assumed it came off the salt cell since it was too big to fit through the pump basket. I could not see any brackets on the salt cell, but it was found underneath the grates. Anyone seen an object like this? I had my roof replaced recently and had the hardware to my solar panels replaced. The solar installers had to install a new section of PCV on the solar pool heater.Thanks

Sounds like a spacer and mount for something other then pool equipment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.