Hayward Solar GVA-24 leaking. Your thoughts?

Charlie227

Silver Supporter
May 8, 2019
Vero Beach, FL
I have a leak in this unit. The leak appears to be coming from about midsection. It is getting worse. What should be my first go to fix? I’ve searched the forums but didn’t find exactly what I was looking for. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Post a picture.

The actuator is held on with four screws. If you take them out to remove the actuator, do NOT put those screws back in the valve without the actuator. You will break the valve.

Post a picture.

The actuator is held on with four screws. If you take them out to remove the actuator, do NOT put those screws back in the valve without the actuator. You will break the valve.

Attached are a couple of photos. The arrows indicate the area of the leak. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Attachments

• Solar Actuator 1.png
    Solar Actuator 1.png
    511.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Solar Actuator 2.png
    Solar Actuator 2.png
    562 KB · Views: 12
There should be no water in that area.

I suspect the stem oring has failed and water is coming up the stem and into the actuator - though that is very odd.

Remove the actuator and see if you can see the leak out of the valve.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.