Hayward Omnilogic Comm Loss MSP to Device: 0145038827 HUA: MP

Jul 23, 2017
Merrimack
Started my pool up yesterday. Upgraded to the latest firmware. Initially no issues. Everything appeared to be running fine. Water temp was displayed on the control panel and app. After a few hours I received an alarm "Comm Loss MSP to Device: 0145038827 HUA: MP" which is - Comm Loss Main System Panel to Device: Main Control Board HUA: Main Panel (enclosure).

I could not control my SWG and the system was no longer getting diagnostics for it or getting temp sensor readings. Pump is running/controlling fine.

Shut it down and checked all plugs, connectors, fuses, wiring, etc. All good. Restarted. Alarm was cleared but still not seeing the SWG or temp sensors.

Is there a way to reset the control board other than shut down/restart? Should I do a factory reset and start from scratch or is the board no good?

My set up is: Hayward HLBASE OmniLogic, Hayward T-15 SWG, Hayward Tri Star VS 900 pump, Aqua Comfort heat pump (controlled manually).

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• OmniLogic Comm Loss.jpg
    OmniLogic Comm Loss.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 13
  • SWG Diags.jpg
    SWG Diags.jpg
    609 KB · Views: 12
Started my pool up yesterday. Upgraded to the latest firmware. Initially no issues. Everything appeared to be running fine. Water temp was displayed on the control panel and app. After a few hours I received an alarm "Comm Loss MSP to Device: 0145038827 HUA: MP" which is - Comm Loss Main System Panel to Device: Main Control Board HUA: Main Panel (enclosure).

I could not control my SWG and the system was no longer getting diagnostics for it or getting temp sensor readings. Pump is running/controlling fine.

Shut it down and checked all plugs, connectors, fuses, wiring, etc. All good. Restarted. Alarm was cleared but still not seeing the SWG or temp sensors.

Is there a way to reset the control board other than shut down/restart? Should I do a factory reset and start from scratch or is the board no good?

My set up is: Hayward HLBASE OmniLogic, Hayward T-15 SWG, Hayward Tri Star VS 900 pump, Aqua Comfort heat pump (controlled manually).

Thanks in advance.
Check the plug for the SWG at the board. Its always best to try a complete re-set rather than jump to a bad board. It may be bad, but test first.

Page 10 and 11 of this manual may help:

Check the plug for the SWG at the board. Its always best to try a complete re-set rather than jump to a bad board. It may be bad, but test first.

Page 10 and 11 of this manual may help:
Ended up being the board. Swapped out cell checked connections, etc. No luck. Found a troubleshooting flow chart on the hayward website. Put a new board in. Working perfectly.

Reactions: 1poolman1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.