Hayward hp21104t flashing LP error code

Falco

Jun 17, 2021
New York
The issue started this season. My Hayward hp21104t would flip the circuit breaker after running for a few hours. Now it's throwing a LP (Low Pressure) error and won't start at all. Based on my limited knowledge and research, this error is related to refrigerant but can really be thrown because of many different issues.

I checked the manual and the relevant page (attached) says to "Attach low side (blue) manifold gauge hose to heat pump." I took a look under the cover but honestly I have no idea which hose it's referring to..

Any advice on how I should diagnose this? Should my first step be to jump the low pressure switch? If so, how do I do that? I don't have any of jumper wires with alligator clips, although Im sure I could get one.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 5.28.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 5.28.35 PM.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 5
Get an HVAC tech out there.
The hose referenced is on a gauge set that you don't own, it is screwed onto an access valve, as is a second hose on the high pressure side in order to check charge.
I would not jumper the pressure switch, low pressure trip is possible low charge. The compressor is refrigerant cooled when running. Running with low charge can overheat and damage your compressor.

Get an HVAC tech out there.
The hose referenced is on a gauge set that you don't own, it is screwed onto an access valve, as is a second hose on the high pressure side in order to check charge.
I would not jumper the pressure switch, low pressure trip is possible low charge. The compressor is refrigerant cooled when running. Running with low charge can overheat and damage your compressor.
Thanks. Seems obvious that the manual is referring to a gauge set now that you pointed it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.