Hardwire IntelliCenter

cgpilot1975

Oct 10, 2020
Naples, FL
My wireless antenna cannot pick up my wireless router due to its location. I was going to move the antenna, but figured if it is possible, I would just as soon run a cable from my wireless router to the IntelliCenter. Is this possible or does the system only recognize a wireless antenna?

Yes Ethernet cable can be run to your router but any nearby lightning strike could fry your electronics. What sort of distance are we talking about?

Last edited:
The Intellicenter is mounted about 50’ from the wireless router and the house is concrete block. I have 4 bars on the pool deck, but once I go around the side of the house where they put the antenna it drops to nothing. I can run a cable up into the attic and move the antenna to the center of the wall in front of the pool, which should give it plenty of signal from my wireless router.

Yes, I'd move the EnGenius antenna or get a WiFi repeater. Does the IntelliCenter pick up any surrounding access points? I'd check that before moving gear around.

Currently it doesn’t pick up any access point. I picked up a Netgear router, but I am not sure where it was coming from as my street is mostly under construction and there is not a house that would have wifi within 200’. Maybe the construction crews have a portable wifi.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.