Hanging a rectangular Intex Ultra Frame Pool directly from the pool deck

The summer is June to August only 3 month. It takes long time to build the deck. It's because I have to be so accurate with the measurements due to the pool. But my gool is to have the pool up 10 days from now. Then it's time for all the decking boards. That is boring job..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

1467832132285.jpg

That looks like a huge project. I'm in a warmer climate - our frost line is only about 1' and most years it doesn't even get that deep. I had an intex metal frame pool for 2 seasons. I don't see an issue with hanging the pool liner from your deck. I will say that without the vertical supports that the metal frame gives, the liner is going to bulge out below the top of the deck. I don't know if the liner is designed to do that. There are the inflatable pools that are designed for that. You might consider adding something around the outside of where the liner is going to go to keep this from happening.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I didn't read all the posts in this thread - just the first 3 pages. First of all, there is very little down pressure on the top rails of these pools. Of course they are difficult to lift, but that's because you are trying to lift thousands of gallons of water above its "natural" level. If the pool base it perfectly level, there is very little downward pressure on the rails. But try to lift the rails and YOU are creating the downward pressure because you're trying to lift the pool contents.

My only concern with what you're doing is that the rail of your pool is going to be rigid. You need to make sure that you have the dimensions proper. NOT A FRACTION OF AN INCH TO LONG OR TOO WIDE OR TOO HIGH. That will create way to much stress on the seams once the pool is filled. I think it would be a good idea to make your dimensions about an inch or two shorter and narrower than the natural size of the pool. Many of the intex now have flexible corners, and I think this would help with your pool holding up to water action.

I'm finding this very interesting, and will be following. Here's to ya for trying this, and I am hoping all goes well for you!!

GC

On Sunday I hope to do the pool build. Then I'm going to figure out how to get water from the baltic sea. It has perfect salt balance 0.7% and is right now 68 degrees warm. it's 3-400 yards away from the summer cabin.

b4c48dd9bd28310d2367b4b7739caa2a.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.