Hanging a rectangular Intex Ultra Frame Pool directly from the pool deck

Still holding. Now i need some kind of green plants, the deck is kind of boring.
138b0c3a5001612bb800c0fc98079bee.jpg

Love this build here! I’m about to undergo a Intex install and haven’t decided whether or not I’m going partially in ground with a deck or above ground with a deck.. I’m going to speak to building and safety to see if what they’ll want to see either way and make a decision then.

Thanks for the inspo

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sorry it didn't work out, it was an interesting experiment. I just completed my build with the same pool. I used the standard construction and then built the deck around it. You have the concrete slab and the deck structure. You should be able to reuse most of it with just minor mods. Good luck!
I use a solarpanel and a small electric pump from a boat freshwater system. So water only cirulates when sunshine.
Is your pool still in one piece?

Hello Jonas,
I have been following your intex poll construction to the deck, and I'm on my way to do more or less the same despite I'm going to keep the metal frame. Intex has a XTR Ultra frame that seems to not rust like the standard ultra frame.
I'm leaving in Kokkola, in Finland (same latitude than Umeå but other side of the sea cost), and winter get minus temperature for about 4 month with of course snow and temperature as low as -5 to -25°c most of the winter.

I'm wondering how do you do with your pool in Sweden during winter time, especially with the liner and pump. Are you removing them every automn and store them in positive temp. room or do you leave them in place? what do you do for it to not get damage?

I will be glad to get your comments to let me go forward in my pool project.

Regards,
Damien

So this winter the drain plugs fell out due to ice. So all the water was gone when i visit the cabin after the winter. I took the chance to install some hard walls so the kids can kick and play even harder. Its 12mm boards used when doing cement structures. The water is still cold 10 degrees celisus and its not top filled. But when that is fixed its going to expand to hit the wall 100%. Then the kids kan play even harder in the pool. I also glued the drain plugs. the boards are 2400x600mm

Screenshot_20220603-215208_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20220603-215235_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20220603-215254_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: kne and Newdude
Hi, i want to know how do you connect the wooden parts wich you put into the liner insteat of the original Iron bar?
i used some 45X45mm mills wooden bars and some 50x50mm alu square tube overlay where i connect to main frame. I had to glue and fixate to make the longer ones. I see to it that this par of the beam was in the alu cover part. And then M8 corrosion free bolts strait trow the whole sturcture
snickarskola-ill-40.jpeg

Last edited:
Impressed by your construction. Just curious, is it still running fine ?
If I'd seen this earlier I might had built one myself. Instead I just built my steel frame in a wooden deck. But who knows, maybe in the future.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.