Hanging a rectangular Intex Ultra Frame Pool directly from the pool deck

yah. and an intex pool is so disposable anyway. they are so cheap to replace. I'm kinda mad with myself cuz I found on walmart.cim I could have gotten one 3 times the size as our 18 foot for the same price I paid for the 18 foot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

I have sent a message to Intex asking if their Ultra frames are coated with any kind of anti-rust product, but as I will be having the pool covered with timber cladding and a deck, the exposed metal parts of the frame will mostly be protected from the wood, but I may also look for some kind of anti rust paint to put on the exposed frame first.

This is a very good forum as it makes you aware of any pitfalls so that you can work out (and hopefully solve) any problems first. :)

I wonder if some people get rust problems because the water is not balanced properly, or maybe there is too much salt in the water and the SWG isn't kept on long enough to turn it into chlorine? I have a saltwater hot tub and I know that the water still needs the right PH balance, etc. I change the water every three months and never have to add any more salt than the 2 kilos each time the water is changed. I love the salt water. Smells great and gives you soft skin :)

Low PH value will definitely help the corrosion process.

Because I'm building the deck around the pool I don't see any reason to not hang it directly into the deck, and get rid of the metal which can corrode.

People over here already build in the metalframe in the deck so it cant move at all and that works.

Because of our climate the deck will be very strong. It has to be able to stand snow etc. It's mounted on cement-pillars that are 3 feet underground.

But we will se what happens. If it breaks I can replace the liner and use the metal frame without modifications to the deck. It will look the same.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

We can only use the pool 3-4 month a year ?. Then it has to be protected by a temporary roof. But the global heating have made it much better ?

0d16d08c5d6fd47537bd45778d818c79.jpg

713a1f4a4505e7afe26973488b02e186.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jomas that pool in you tube above is what I have been urging you to do. I do not see the corrosion as a major issue.

But as you say we shall see.
I have seen that feed and lot of similar builds from עמוד הבית - Seaspeed.co.il . Using the metal frame will be my fallback if this would not work. There will be space enugh to fit it inside current construction

There's going to be a lot of weight on the ledger boards that support the pool wall. In some of your drawings, it appears the ledger boards are resting on the joists. In others, it looks like the ledger may attach to the end of the joists. If that's the case, I suggest using upside-down joist hangers to attach the ledger to the joists and distribute the downward force.

Pic of what I mean: http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5337/4135/400/MVC-058F.jpg

Also, the liner will have some support from the compression of the outer ledger, the round pole (with liner around it) and then the inner ledger. I'd suggest filling the pool at least partially before fully tightening the carriage bolts so that the liner can expand/stretch around the wood pole. Otherwise, the liner may tear where it's compressed between the pole and ledger boards if the weight is not allowed to bear on the top of the pole.

I briefly looked at Ultra Frames with a permanent deck, but the disintegrating metal frames are too much of a risk for me.

Good luck!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.