Hand cast abalone

Some PB will mix it in the plaster but that does hide quite a bit inside the plaster :( Some just throw it around by hand. I have not heard of any that had a seeder machine though.

One of the builds they let the kids of the family throw them in! FUN TIMES!

I would ask to throw it in yourself. That way you can control where it goes better. Some people put more on the steps and shelf with the left over in the deeper end.

Kim:kim:

When we did our pool, the abalone was in a bag mixed with other non-white shells. This naturally led to a non-uniform distribution. The Engineer in me (read OCD) was concerned but DW and I went ahead and put it in. LOVE IT!

If you don't hand cast the shells you'll end up with very uneven distribution and exposure. The shells deteriorate with time so it would be much better to have that happen at the surface rather than in the middle of the plaster.

I don't suggest using shells but will oblige when the customer requests. I feel glass is a much better additive but even that can be problematic if the correct modifiers aren't used in the plaster.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.