Ground wires

Hayseed

Bronze Supporter
Jun 7, 2018
Keyser, WV
Can anyone lead me to a link, sticky or any other venue that would explain, this thing of running a wire around the pool base, connected to the pool at various points? I have watched a lot of install videos buy have never seen this addressed, but I did read about it somewhere when there was talk of running a plug unit to the pool area for the pump and timer. Thanks. I guess this is an AGP thing.

I just read something that said AGP need to be grounded and not bonded. These links and places to go for information about bonding and grounding, explain what grounding and bonding does and maybe prevents, but not one of them explain how to bond or ground your pool. I would like to know how to ground my pool to prevent shocks to pool users of any kind.

I just read something that said AGP need to be grounded and not bonded. These links and places to go for information about bonding and grounding, explain what grounding and bonding does and maybe prevents, but not one of them explain how to bond or ground your pool. I would like to know how to ground my pool to prevent shocks to pool users of any kind.
If the pool is deeper than 42" it is required by the National Electrical Code to be bonded.

Please, please, please - if you don't understand bonding hire an electrician that specializes in pools for the safety of your friends and family

With the recent link and what I have found on you tube, it is clear to me what needs to be done. This is an unexpected expenditure. But probably one of the most important. Thanks again for all the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.