Greetings from Texas

PoolTouch

Jul 31, 2020
Texas
Hello TFP and posting introduction as I am new to the forum. I have been a pool owner for about 4 years now after purchasing a home with an existing pool which was installed about 6 years prior. The pool and equipment (all Pentair products) are 10 years old, with the exception of the pump and salt cell that were replaced last summer.

I am working two new issues at the moment....1) The 1 year old Pentair IC40 salt cell is not powering on. I found information showing where the fuse is normally the fix, but after placing in a new 10am fuse, it still is not powering on. I have ordered the full pentair fuse kit and will be replacing the fuse, holder, etc. by Tuesday. Any other thoughts on what could cause this item to not power on. 2) The pentair LA01N booster pump (10 years old) is not powering on. I assume age has caught up with the motor, but would be interested to see if I should troubleshoot any other items prior to replacing the motor.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: I can't help much with the fuze situation, but for the pump motor, 10 years is a long time. However there's a slight chance it may be a start capacitor. You might look into that. At least it's a fairly inexpensive part to replace before the entire motor. Post back to this thread or feel free to start a new thread about your equipment if needed. Have a nice day. :swim: