Gravel foundation for Intex XTR 16’x32’ pool

giomundo

Jul 22, 2020
Annapolis MD
I’m trying to figure out the best path moving forward with making sure the foundation for my intex pool is strong enough to hold up and looking for some guidance and advice.
My yard is very unlevel so I had a landscaping company create a 18’x35’ border out of treated 4x4’s and then fill it in with crushed gravel. Just today, we had some heavy rain and I noticed that there are several spots that squish down when I step on it, sinking down a few inches.

How critical is it to not have dips? Overall the area is very level, but I am worried that the liner could stretch at these spots.

They also ran gutter drain pipes underneath the gravel to take the water down away from the house, but will that get crushed under the weight of the pool?

Finally, given that the foundation is crushed gravel, mostly small, but there are some larger pointy pieces, will some heavy duty tarps be enough to prevent damage to the liner or should I spend the extra money on covering the stone with sand?

I am new to the site and this is my first time attempting to setup a pool so any help is greatly appreciated!

The pool legs need to be put on pavers or pressure treated wood that is on undisturbed ground. If you are putting the legs on the gravel it is not compacted and may sink.

Post pics of your setup showing where the pool legs will go.

See this discussion going on...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.