Goodyear, AZ (EMR) O/B Pool Deliberations - UPDATE - Pool is Filled!

Hello George,

My electrician is providing them. I googled black pool fittings and a couple of different sites pop up. I found a hayward black pool fitting, but I would not know what you would need exactly.
Thank you, I googled too and wasn't exactly sure what one i'd need either. I'm hopeful my electrician can find a black one

Thank you, I googled too and wasn't exactly sure what one i'd need either. I'm hopeful my electrician can find a black one
This thread might help you.

More update photos of the grotto. Still needs to be painted. Tile, coping, and decking sub appointment on Saturday to measure (due to all of the changes), so I need to get my planned changes drafted up, and we have an appointment on Monday to go actually pick out tile, coping, decking, and materials.
Grotto Concrete 10.jpg
Grotto Concrete 11.jpg
Grotto Concrete 12.jpg
Grotto Concrete 13.jpg
Grotto Concrete 14.jpg
Grotto Concrete 15.jpg
Grotto Concrete 16.jpg
Grotto Concrete 17.jpg
Grotto Concrete 18.jpg

Looking good. What did you decide for the backside of the grotto and you going to have walkways from both sides?
Haven't decided yet. I have enough room in the corner to put a box for storage, but I want some plants around the grotto and don't want to spend a ton extra on travertine. I have a few ideas I need to flesh out because I have an appointment on Saturday for measurements for Tile, coping, and deck and it is definitely going to be higher due to the changes of the grotto.

Reactions: BigPapaSmurf

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Finally moving forward again.

Some good news this morning. Shotcrete is now scheduled for April 12th (1 week from today)!

Getting that trade lined up has been very difficult in my area, so I am very glad to finally be on the calendar. I guess I will need to figure out which test kit to go with pretty soon.
Who did you use for shotcrete? Im also in AZ and needing to get something lined up

I think we may go with something like this on the deck change. Adds a bit more deck on both sides of the pool and makes the turf area a little smaller.
Have the deck and tile company coming over today to measure.

2022-04-30 - New Deck Design.png

• Love
Reactions: BigPapaSmurf
How do you keep the slide nice and smooth over time?
The contractor gave me the information to be able to purchase the clear coat they use. I could smell the solvent as soon as I walked out my back door, which is 40 feet away from the slide, so respirator would be a requirement. Basically, I will have to spray the clear coat and once it dries, use some fine sand paper to make it smooth. It will take a couple of coats, similar to finishing a piece of furniture or clear coat on a car.

Unfortunately, I am handy at a lot of things, but spraying clear coat, urethane, varnish, lacquer, etc. is not one of those things.

Reactions: kimkats
Unfortunately, I am handy at a lot of things, but spraying clear coat, urethane, varnish, lacquer, etc. is not one of those things.
Not only that, but it literally slides into the pool if you don't have the artist's touch. Those folks, like spacklers, are artists. When you don't do it all the time, you don't have the fine motor skill in muscle memory. In the case of adding liquid layers to your *pool slide*........ yeah. No.

I'd much rather have a pro, and a butt to kick besides my own when it gets messed up.

Not only that, but it literally slides into the pool if you don't have the artist's touch. Those folks, like spacklers, are artists. When you don't do it all the time, you don't have the fine motor skill in muscle memory. In the case of adding liquid layers to your *pool slide*........ yeah. No.

I'd much rather have a pro, and a butt to kick besides my own when it gets messed up.
Very true. I remember when I patched the holes at my old house when I decided to run wiring for a 9.2 home theater system. It took me a lot of time and effort to get the patches non-noticeable (mainly because we have that large knockdown texture that is common out here). When it was time to have that back patio ceiling retextured, I hired out and it was so much quicker. I have a lot of holes to patch now in this house because of my low voltage wiring project, and I am definitely hiring out for those patches.

Reactions: newdude and kimkats
(mainly because we have that large knockdown texture that is common out here).
I had a customer once with a beautifully scalloped plaster ceiling. He asked me to be extra careful in the attic because they'd never match it right if my leg went through I from above. Um. Sir. If I fall through that ceiling, a *very sensitive* body part is landing on a joist. I have more at stake here than you do.

• Haha
Reactions: thewolf56
So, I think we have narrowed down our material selections. We're looking at:
  • Interior Finish - Stonescapes Aqua Blue Micro with Abalone added
  • Waterline Tile - NPT Key West Cool Waves
  • Waterline Grout - Natural Gray
  • Bench/Step Trim Tile - Iridescent Beach Glass (thanks @Nikilyn!)
  • Coping - Ivory/Cream Bullnose Travertine (probably 6x12)
  • Deck - Cordoba Cream Ivory Travertine (Roman Pattern)
  • Mosaics - Custom Mosaics Blue Turtles with Shadows (Medium, Small, and 2 babies)
My wife really liked the micro finish because of the smoothness. We like the look of the pebble aggregate, but we have had some injuries to skin from pebble pools in the past. If anyone has any personal comparisons of the micro to regular pebble pools, I would love to hear (or any comments on the selections).

Material Combo (flash).jpgMaterial Combo.jpgStonescapes Aqua Blue - Micro.jpgWaterline Tile - Key West Cool Waves.jpgIvory Travertine Coping.jpgDeck - Cordoba Cream Ivory Travertine (Roman Pattern).jpgMosaic Turtle - Family.jpgMosaic Turtle - Individual.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.