Going to need a lot of advise/assistance over the next few weeks...

Rugby113204

Apr 19, 2022
Maryland
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all, Purchased a home with a 20x40 inground 3' shallow to 9' deep. DE filtration, new hayward vari pump, ( will be changing over to salt after the new liner). OK that what I have... here is where we are going...

I need a new liner, sand floor, metal sides, fiberglass stairs. I want to change the deep end to 5'. so it will, come off the stairs at 3', about 2-3' in it will begin to slope down to 5' across remainder of pool. There is a main drain. I will need to raise the drain to the new grade. Typically, do pool drains connect to a glued PVC joint, a clamped pipe, something I dont know of... Skimmer seems fine, should I replace anyway???? I am planning to use wall foam, should I put some type of covering over the sand bottom??? would one EVER put foam over sand??? Dear LORD I dont even know if
I'm asking the correct questions. I know enough construction that the only part that scares me is some part I dont know about regarding the pool.

...ohh and how do you determine what type of liner lock (bead lock) or what were the part that holds the liner up and in the channel is called. I will be uploading photos with questions. I hope some here can help because with an 11K bid being the best I'm afraid I will fill the Dang thing in with dirt if I cant get this done.

Rhett

desperate for info

Hey there Rhett.... Welcome to TFP :handwave:
Sounds like you've got quite a project ahead of you.

One thing I want to mention is many folks who rehab a vinyl lined pool with 2 skimmers choose to go without a main drain in the pool. It isn't required, and can simplify rehabs. You would just drain using a sump pump if necessary.

Get us some pics of the liner attachment and someone here will tell you what type it is.

Maddie 🇺🇦

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.