Vinyl Liner not fitting over steps and floor is not smooth

billielee

Jun 13, 2023
Connecticut
For my inground liner pool, we just added new vermiculite last week and seeing these other photos in the older posts/forums makes me want to cry after all the delays and time/money spent. I asked why it wasn't smoothed out before they put in the liner but my concerns were dismissed. It will be fine they said.

Now ours looks like someone took a trowel and made rainbow marks with it.
Was so excited that the liner was finally going in (so many delays and issues with GLI liner) and now it looks like this and also the vinyl over stairs look terrible.
Is this normal?
IMG_6507.jpg
In the photo the pool is really dirty in this picture as it was just connected and not cleaned yet.
I've been trying to be positive since we started this last July 2022, but feeling really discouraged now and ready to throw in the towel literally...

IMG_6405.jpg

No that is not normal :( The liner should fit snug over the steps. As for the floor how does it feel in that area? It that is showing through the liner I worry there might be some raised areas in there that could cause problems down the road.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.