Going to add boric acid this week. Do I need to adjust my levels?

What kind of pool do you have? Do you have a salt water generator? If not, your numbers are in a really good place, although your CSI may be a little high (assuming a water temp of ~82). I come up with CSI of +0.70 which is a little on the high side. Nothing major, but you could drop either the pH or TA a little bit more if you want. Otherwise, fire away with the boric acid.

I recently did that myself and have been very happy with the result. It really helps stabilize the pH climb, plus it is really noticeable if you have a SWG. It helps keep the salt cell free of scale much better than without it.

poolnovice1,

Sorry, I made a typo above. Your CSI would be +0.07 not +0.70. +0.70 would be a problem and would definitely lead to scaling if left unchecked for any period of time. +0.07 is slightly above neutral (0) on the scaling side, but barely, so you are ok.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.