Georgia Pool Owners?

Jack5083

Apr 6, 2020
Loganville, Georgia
For those Georgia Pool owners in Georgia that have not closed their pools for the winter. Are you experiencing rapid water loss? I have a suspicion I have a leak. We seem to be loosing about 1/2 inch a day. I want to think in is evaporation from the cold nights to warm days but having my doubts. Any info or experience in the would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Based off my bucket test (all equipment turned off) it appears I have a leak and have a company coming out in a couple weeks. Their request is to have the pool full and clear. Due to this leak and filling up the pool my salt level at the current water level is 2100. Once I fill the pool up to it's normal or swim level it will probably be around 1500-1600. Should I be concerned about getting my salt level up to normal operating values? Hi temps are expecting to be in the low 40's to high 30's over the next several days. I assume my cell will not function due to the cold water but not sure how much the water temp needs to drop before the cell turns itself off. I do have algae in the pool so I was considering doing a SLAM and use chlorine chemicals in case I have to drain the pool to make a repair.

Any suggestions? Any and all opinions are welcomed and appreciated

I would switch to liquid, if your cell hadn’t stopped working it will soon. But like you mentioned I wouldn’t add a lot until they come out and find the leak.
How bad is the algae? Cold water usually will stop it from spreading.
I am in the Marietta area and my water temp was 56 last time I checked and dropping to mid 20’s tonight.

Mark - I thought about going with the liquid. I noticed last week that HD still had quite a bit left on their shelf plus I have approx 5 gallons at home. I turned off my cell several weeks back and would say 70% of the bottom has algae on it. I was out of town over Thanksgiving and got back last night when it was dark and couldn't see that well. I know I have leaves I have to get out as well. Not sure if you have heard of American Leak Detection? I think they are out of either Cobb or Cherokee county. I have about 2 weeks to get it back into shape

They found an leak at my water meter a few months back. Seem like good folks.
If you have that mush algae I would SLAM and kill the algae :) Our HD had a bunch also which Was funny because they were out most of the summer :)
Once you get your SWG dialed in that won’t happen anymore, my FC was 7 before being gone for 10 days around July 4th and still at 7 when I got back.
Hopefully your leak is to the skimmer of somewhere east to fix.

Algae started around the end of Sept. or beginning of Oct. Initially we thought it might be dirt from a recently cleared area being wind blown into the pool. When checking my salt system last night it was on "COLD" meaning too cold to convert to chlorine. I plan to SLAM the pool this weekend to get it in top shape before my visit from the leak detection company a week from Friday.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.