East Hampton NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have a newly refinished pool with Diamond Brite. I have been targeting CSI near 0.50 for the first 28 days per instructions to fully carbonate the finish, and plan to eventually let the CSI run around -0.25 for the season as I did last year. But this weekend, I was planning on heating my pool and spa, which would bring the water temperatures up from 70 to 85 and 104 for the pool and spa respectively.

For the spa in particular, the increase in temperature will significantly increase my CSI, and I suppose I should be concerned with scale forming, especially in the heater. At what CSI does this concern become magnified? I am thinking of bringing down the pH so the CSI does not get so high, but this could be problematic at night when the water cools.

Thoughts?

At what CSI does this concern become magnified?
A CSI over 0.6 tends to be more problematic. I see in the logs your pH was about 8.0 an hour ago. I would bring that down a little to help. Maybe about 7.6. You'll still be within a healthy CSI for your plaster but not too high.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.