Gas heater service

Yes, the heater should be serviced regularly. It's like that old commercial where the repairman said " You can pay me now $, or you can pay me later! $$$$". It is the best way to avoid complicated/extensive repairs as long as the service is done by a qualified/knowledgeable service technician.

Yes, the heater should be serviced regularly. It's like that old commercial where the repairman said " You can pay me now $, or you can pay me later! $$$$". It is the best way to avoid complicated/extensive repairs as long as the service is done by a qualified/knowledgeable service technician.
Heh that’s often true. I have heard plumbers say with new boilers (admittedly domestic heating and hot water) that there’s not much to service so as long as you have a CO alarm, run it until it breaks.

The things that kill a heater are dirt, corrosion and critters. If you open it up once in a while and clean it out it helps the longevity. Pool heaters live outdoors in harsh conditions unlike domestic boilers.

Reactions: UKjames
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.