Gas heater service

swamprat69

Mar 30, 2019
Las Vegas, NV
Yes, the heater should be serviced regularly. It's like that old commercial where the repairman said " You can pay me now $, or you can pay me later! $$$$". It is the best way to avoid complicated/extensive repairs as long as the service is done by a qualified/knowledgeable service technician.

UKjames

Silver Supporter
May 1, 2020
United Kingdom
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Yes, the heater should be serviced regularly. It's like that old commercial where the repairman said " You can pay me now $, or you can pay me later! $$$$". It is the best way to avoid complicated/extensive repairs as long as the service is done by a qualified/knowledgeable service technician.
Heh that’s often true. I have heard plumbers say with new boilers (admittedly domestic heating and hot water) that there’s not much to service so as long as you have a CO alarm, run it until it breaks.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
The things that kill a heater are dirt, corrosion and critters. If you open it up once in a while and clean it out it helps the longevity. Pool heaters live outdoors in harsh conditions unlike domestic boilers.

Reactions: UKjames
Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread