Freezing point of salt water pool, is it slightly lower?

The change in freeze point is imperceptible.

No need to maintain salinity in the water until your SWCG is able to generate chlorine.

Reactions: Ignoramus
I know the road part. Salt directly on snow or ice won’t do anything on its own. It needs the sun or friction from vehicles driving to warm the roadway first. Once it does, the salt mixes with the melting ice/snow and creates a slurry that won’t easily refreeze. To speed this process up, many places use a salt spray.

I know the road part. Salt directly on snow or ice won’t do anything on its own. It needs the sun or friction from vehicles driving to warm the roadway first. Once it does, the salt mixes with the melting ice/snow and creates a slurry that won’t easily refreeze. To speed this process up, many places use a salt spray.

I am in Atlanta so not a huge concern here but never know..I know a few years back my pool froze a couple inch's and a couple friends with SWG said theirs was a just thick slush but they did keep the pump running.
I did read on the internet salt water freezes closer to 28 then 32 and because it's on the internet has to be true :)

I drain mine down between the tile and jets usually, again we our cold snaps come at night and usually warm up during the day. But like they say in Atlanta, if you don't like the weather, wait a week it will change :)

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This thread has clearly run it's course, but I'm sure I've heard people from about every state same the same thing. It's quite comical when you pay attention.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.