TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2018
Alamo, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
When we moved into our current home, there was a backyard fountain made of cement. It was cracked and didn't hold water. Last year, we replaced it with a fountain that actually holds water. We have just reached the season where our pool freeze control is engaging. It went down to 28°F last night.

What do you folks with fountains do? Should I worry that freezing will destroy the little pump in the fountain? Should I run it all night? I could drain the fountain with a hand bilge pump, but it's raining so that won't work.

RJS,

If your fountain is controlled by your EasyTouch, you can just add that circuit to your "on with freeze" list... If it is on an Aux circuit, it will come on and stay on.. It will not cycle like the pool and spa. I use an Aux circuit to turn on an oil heater inside my equipment shed.

I am not sure you need it for the fountain itself, but I would worry about a small fountain pump.

Thanks,

Thanks,

Jim R.

The fountain is standalone, not connected or connectable to the ET. It's controlled by a light switch inside the house. Think I'd better run it all night?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.